━━ BERNADETTA VON VARLEY

꒰🍁꒱ . .“Where is she…? We’re supposed to be on cooking duty together…” I mumbled, tapping my chin as I looked around. “Don’t tell me she locked herself in her room again...ugh- Bernadetta!” I huffed and called out, making my way to the dorms near the training grounds. 

“Bernadetta...I know you’re in there…” I mumbled after I knocked on the door. “Nope! Bernie isn’t here!” I let out a heavy sigh. “Come on Bernadetta, we have cooking duty together today, remember? Everyone is going to be disappointed if we don’t have the food ready on time” I said, trying to convince her to come out. “Hm, I guess I’ll have to eat the cake I brought alone then...since no one is willing to help me cook,” I added with a frown. “Maybe I’ll ask Lysithea to help me. Heard she loves cake”

Bernadetta opened her door a little as she listened before opening the door fully when she heard the last part. “N-No...I’ll help you...I’ll help you...” Bernadetta said in her soft voice coming out of her room, her hand clenched next her chest. “You will? Oh, that’s just great, thanks Bernadetta!” I said, flashing a happy closed eyed smile. Bernadetta’s eyes widened before she blocked her eyes with her hands. “S-Stop that-! I-It’s way too b-bright” She whined. I tilted my head in confusion. “Hm? What’s too bright?” Bernadetta paused as she lowered her hand. “N-Nothing-!” She answered rather quickly. Shrugging it off, I nodded. “Alright then, let’s go to the kitchen, we have some work to get done” 

---

“Y/N...I don’t think that’s suppose to be-” “Whattt- I think this spice will go great with the fish! You don’t think so, Bernadetta?” Bernadetta looked around the spices and then picked one up quickly, I wasn’t able to see what the label said or which one she picked. Who knew she had such a skill? “This one will work perfectly” She said adding it into the food. I tried to tilt my head to see what she was adding. “H-Hey! No peeking!” She pouted, hiding the spice container that she used. “Awe, I wanted to see what you added, oh well! I trust you so let’s go with it!” Bernadetta stared at me. “W-What? Is there something on my face?...We were cooking so there might be” I mumbled the last part as I scratched my cheek a bit. Bernadetta shook her head with her cheeks dusted a shade of pink and looked away. “I-It’s nothing” 

“Oh...okay…” I muttered. That’s twice she said it was nothing.

---

“Ooo, it looks so good! I’m sure our classmates will love it, Bernadetta! You were such a great help!” Bernadetta looked at the food and smiled a bit. “I think we did a good job,” She said softly. “Let’s tell the cooks we finished here and head out” I commented before walking over to the head cook to tell her we were finished. The head cook thanked us both. “We’re free to go!” Bernadetta nodded with a small smile still pasted on her face. “Oh, before I forget, I have the cake in my room, come! I know you are probably dying from wanting it all this time” I joked as I held out my hand. Bernadetta looked at my hand and shyly took it. Her face turned a bright red. I began to walk to my room which was actually pretty close to where Bernadetta’s room was. 

“We make a great team, don’t you think?” I asked, trying to make some sort of conversation to take away this silence between us. “Y-Yes...I think s-so too” Her voice was so quiet I could barely make out what she was trying to say, luckily she was close to me so I did hear what she said. I let go of her hand to open the door of my room. “Come in! The cake is on my desk” Bernadetta came in and looked around, almost surprised. “What? I don’t look like a person to organized their things?” I laughed and opened the cake box, “I get that a lot…” 

Bernadetta shook her head, “O-Oh it’s not that, I just- I never been in- anyone’s room before besides mine” I laughed again. “Really? Well make yourself comfortable” The cake had already been pre-sliced. I placed a piece of cake on a plate and handed it to Bernadetta who was sitting on my bed since there was really nowhere else to sit as I was already occupying the chair that went with my desk. “T-Thank you” She said, taking her fork and plate and placing them on her lap. I grabbed a piece for myself before closing the box again. “It looks delicious, doesn’t it? I had to take it to my room before I didn’t want Raph taking it to eat” 

Bernadetta let out a soft laugh before taking a bite of the cake, her eyes lighting up after. She chewed happily and continued to take bite after bite. It really seemed like she enjoyed it more than I could tell. I took a bite from my cake and instantly knew why she was so happy, the cake was splendid! Her expression really wasn’t for show. I took a look at Bernadetta again, buying the cake is worth it when I get to see her like this. I smiled at the sight. 

“You know...you look really cute when you’re eating like that, Bernie”