Chapter XVII

When the doors were opened, the four were baffled. They didn't really know what they expected, but it was mostly empty. With it being Stark, the men thought there would be something more grand. However there was nothing of the sort. Just some lanterns for lighting and a satin chair in the middle, with Stark sat promptly upon it - holding a glass of some sort of dark liquor.

"Good evening! I wasn't expecting to see you here." Stark quipped, taking a sip from his glass.

"You demanded we meet you here." Steve argued, prompting a whimsical chuckle from Stark.

"Oh yeah." He said, as if just now remembering that fact. "Well, I wouldn't want to waste the night. Why don't we get down to business."

The three moved into the shipping container that was then closed behind them. Vivian couldn't help but shoot a fearful look back at Sam, who tried his best to give her a reassuring smile before he was cut off from them. 

"So," Stark started, waltzing up to the three. "I see you've come with my request. Yet your brawn blocks the view. May I?" He made a shoo-fly motion with his hands, insisting to see Vivian without her bodyguards of sorts. They hesitantly moved over, knowing that one wrong move would cause bad things to happen. Stark looked the girl up and down before giving a polite smile.

"You must be Miss Vivian. It's nice to finally meet the broad who's caught my colleagues' eyes." The man offered a hand, to which Vivian shakily grasped. The anxiety caused bile to rise in her throat as he kissed her hand softly.

"Stark, is this all you wanted from us?" Bucky snipped, trying not to be too harsh, however getting impatient with the pleasantries. Stark rolled his eyes to make eye contact with the brunette.

"I'm just trying to get to know the little lady. She's been so patient with the chaos you've brought her into." He sighed and looked back at the woman. "I bet this is far from your comfort zone, huh? I know Carolyn was never much of an adventurer." This comment made Vivian's face visibly pale. All of them could see the panicked horror on her face.

"C-Carolyn." Vivian stuttered. "Like...my mother?" Stark smiled and ran a hand across her jawline, to which she recoiled.

"You sound like her too, you know. Very quiet and, ah what's the word..." Stark snapped his fingers a couple times while he tried to think. "Mousy! That's the word. Very mousy." He was teasing her, trying to get a rise out of her. That angered the blonde-brunette duo.

"What's the point of this Stark?" Steve snapped, pushing Vivian back behind him.

"The point is you two have no idea what you're getting yourself into, fiddling with the Stark bloodline." He snapped back. A wave of confusion hit the three.

"What bloodline?" Bucky asked, trying to remain calm despite the anger burning inside of him. Tony sighed and sat back in his satin chair.

"See now's where things get fun. You see Carolyn was a friend of mine back in college, before all of this business crap. We dated for a while, and had a thing going on. But then, she just poof! Seemed to drop off the face of the planet. I kept moving on - no harm, no foul. We were just kids, after all. I moved up in life. Started this wonderful business that is keeping me oh so very wealthy. And then I find out that the two of you have found a new little friend, which I was very surprised with after the whole incident with your other not-so-fortunate friend and-"

"Get to the point, Stark." Bucky growled. Stark rolled his eyes.

"Chill out, lover boy numero uno. As I was saying...I did some snooping, as I do, and I found out that little miss Vivian is the daughter of my good friend Carolyn! What are the odds of that! Honestly, at this point I'd forgotten about her. So I decided to give her a little visit, and boy was her reaction priceless. We talked for a bit, and then we got to the subject of her children..which she only has one of. Needless to say, after a lot of waterworks and pointless rambling, I find out that Carolyn was pregnant when she disappeared, and guess who just happens to be the father." Tony ended with a little laugh, seemingly amused at the shocked faces in front of him.

"You're my dad?" Vivian squeaked. Tony nodded, raising his eyebrows.

"I was just as shocked as you are, hun. But now we need to talk about what comes next and what's rightfully mine."

"What do you mean?" Steve asks.

"Well, if she's of my family blood, I feel it's only right she be returned to me" Stark takes another sip from his glass.

"You have no grounds, Stark. She's an adult. And you don't have any proof." Bucky argued. Tony scoffed a laugh and got back up, walking right up to Bucky. He pulled, cocked, and pointed a gun directly between Bucky's eyebrows.

"I feel like this is grounds enough."