Pilot

Sam and Jess laid in bed, asleep back to back.

Jess shifted position.

Sam opened his eyes when he heard a sound outside the room, like a window opening.

A man walked past the string of beads at the far end of the hall.

Sam moved to another part of the apartment and waited.

The man entered the room.

Sam lunged forward and grabbed the man at the shoulder.

The man knocked Sam's arm away and aimed a strike at Sam, who ducked. The man grabbed Sam's arm, swung him around, and shoved him back.

Sam kicked and was blocked, then pushed back into another room.

The man elbowed Sam in the face; Sam kicked at his head. The man ducked and swung and Sam blocked.

Sam was knocked down and pinned to the floor, he glanced up to see a Border Collie growling at him with piercing blue eyes.

"Lulu, off," The man ordered the dog.

The dog got off Sam obediently and took a seat next to her master.

Sam sat up and got a better glance at the home intruder "Dean?"

Dean laughed.

"You scared the crap out of me!"

Dean held his hand out to help Sam up "That's 'cause you're out of practice,"

Sam grabbed Dean's hand and yanked, slamming his heel into Dean's back and Dean to the floor.

"Or not. Get off of me," Dean grunted.

Sam rolled to his feet and pulled Dean up.

Dean walked over to pet Lulu to calm the dog down as she was pacing watching the fight.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sam demanded.

"Okay. All right. We gotta talk," Dean admitted as he stood up to his full height.

"Uh, the phone?"

Dean shrugged "If I'd called, would you have picked up?"

Jess turned the light on. She was wearing very short shorts and a cropped Smurfs shirt. "Sam?"

Sam and Dean turned their heads in unison.

"Jess." Sam greeted "Hey. Dean, this is my girlfriend, Jessica,"

Dean looked at her appreciatively.

"Wait, your brother Dean?" Jess smiled as Lulu trotted over and began petting the dog.

Dean grinned at her and moved closer. "Lulu must like you. She normally doesn't let anybody near her except for me. You know, I gotta tell you. You are completely out of my brother's league,"

Jess straightened up "Just let me put something on,"

"No, no, no," Dean negated "I wouldn't dream of it. Seriously," He whistled causing Lulu to move away from Jess and back over to Dean. "Anyway, I gotta borrow your boyfriend here, talk about some private family business." Dean smiled at Jess "But, uh, nice meeting you,"

"No." Sam went over to Jess and put an arm around her "No, whatever you want to say, you can say it in front of her,"

"Okay." Dean looked down at Lulu before looking back at Sam "Dad's on a hunting trip. And he hasn't been home in a few days,"