Pilot [4]

Lulu whined impatiently and paced the edge of the bridge as Sam heaved himself up onto the bridge. Lulu barked as she saw the youngest brother but was worried about her current owner.

Sam placed a reassuring pet on Lulu's head as he glanced down at the muddy river "Dean!"

"What?" Dean called out as he dragged himself up on the shore.

"Hey, are you all right?"

Dean looked himself over. "I'm super," he said sarcastically.

***

"Car, all right?" Sam asked as Dean slammed the hood of the Impala down.

"Yeah, whatever she did to it, it seems all right now." Dean huffed. "That Constance chick...what a bitch!"

Lulu growled at Dean's aggression.

"Well, she doesn't want us digging around, that's for sure. So where's the trail go from here, genius?"

Lulu whined as she sniffed Dean and backed up using her paw to wipe at her snout.

***

Dean tossed his credit card onto the front desk of a motel "One room, please,"

The owner glanced at the card and back up at the brothers "You guys having a reunion or something?"

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"That other guy, Bert Aframian. He came in and bought out a room for the whole month,"

***

Sam lockpicked the motel room door as Lulu pushed past the brothers and began sniffing out the room.

Lulu sniffed a nightstand and stood up to grab a burger, only for Dean to pull her back.

"No, Lulu. I'll get you some food, don't worry," Dean ruffled Lulu's fur as the dog huffed. Dean straightened up and looked over at Sam. "I don't think he's been here for a couple of days at least,"

Sam knelt and placed a hand on the sand surrounding the door. "Salt, Cat's-eye shells. He was worried, trying to keep something from coming in," he noticed Dean looking at the wall "What do you get here?"

"Centennial Highway Victims," Dean replied. "I don't get it. I mean, different men, different jobs, ages, and ethnicities. There's always a connection, right? What do these guys have in common?"

Sam took a look at the wall. "Dad figured it out,"

"What do you mean?"

"He found the same article we did. Constance Welch. She's a Woman in White,"

Dean smirked. "You sly dogs. All right, so if we're dealing with a Woman in White, dad would have found the corpse and destroyed it,"

"She might have another weakness,"

"No, dad would want to make sure. He'd dig her up. Does it say where she's buried?"

"No, not that I can tell. If I were dad, though, I'd go ask her husband if he's still alive,"

"All right, why don't you see if you can find an address? I'm going to get cleaned up,"

Luna barked at the prospect of getting clean, jumped off the bed, and hurried into the restroom.

"Hey, Dean, what I said earlier about mom and dad..." Sam said. "I'm sorry,"

"No chick-flick moments," Dean interrupted.

Sam laughed. "All right, jerk,"

"Bitch,"

***

"Hey, it's me. "Jessica said on a voice mail, "It's about 10:20..."

"Lulu, wait! Heel!" Dean exclaimed.

Sam could only look up in time to see a blur of fur run into the room and jump on the bed.

Lulu was low to the ground with her tail up in the air in a playful manner.

Sam seemed to realize her plan and quickly stood up. "Lulu...no,"

Lulu didn't listen and began shaking the remainder of the shower water off her body.

Sam shielded himself as best he could.

"That's your bed," Dean laughed, earning a glare from Sam. "I'm starving. I'm going to grab something to eat at that diner down the street. You want anything?"

"No," Sam replied.

"Aframian's buying,"

Sam shook his head.

"You mind watching Lulu for me then?"

Sam glanced over at the border collie as she lay on the bed, her tummy in the air and her tongue hanging out. He smirked when his cell phone rang. "You miss your girlfriend already?"

"Dude, five-o, take off," Dean said on the phone.

Sam snapped his fingers, and Lulu immediately moved to attention. "What about you?"

"Uh, they spotted me. Go find Dad and take care of Lulu,"

***

Dean hung up the phone and looked at the officers walking towards him. "Problem officers?"

"Where's your partner?" One of them asked.

"Partner? What..what partner?"

The officer nodded for the other to head towards the motel room. "So fake US Marshal, fake credit cards. You got anything that's real?"

"My boobs,"

***

Dean found himself slammed against the hood of the police car.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law,"