Pilot [3]

Sam was talking on his cell phone "Thank you." he closed his phone "All right. So, there's no one matching Dad at the hospital or morgue. So that's something, I guess,"

Dean glanced over at Sam, then back at the road.

At a bridge ahead of them, there were two police cars and several officers.

"Check it out," Dean said.

Sam leaned forward for a closer look.

Dean pulled over.

They took a long look before Dean turned off the engine.

Dean opened the glove compartment and pulled out a box full of ID cards with his and John's faces: visible ones included FBI and DEA. He picked one out and grinned at Sam, who stared. "Let's go."

Lulu moved towards the door but Dean stopped her.

"You stay Lulu,"

Lulu whined but laid down on the back seat.

On the bridge, the lead Deputy, Deputy Jaffe, leaned over the railing to yell down to two men in wetsuits who were poking around the river.

"You guys find anything?" Deputy Jaffe asked.

"No!" A man exclaimed "Nothing!"

Deputy Jaffe turned back to the car in the middle of the bridge.

Another Deputy, Deputy Hein, was at the driver's side looking around inside the car.

"No sign of struggle," Deputy Hein noted "no footprints, no fingerprints. Spotless. It's almost too clean,"

Dean and Sam walked into the crime scene as if they belonged there.

"So, this kid Troy. He's dating your daughter, isn't he?" Deputy Jaffe asked.

"Yeah," Deputy Hein replied.

"How's Amy doing?"

"She's putting up missing posters downtown,"

"You fellas had another one like this just last month, didn't you?" Dean questioned.

"And who are you?" Deputy Jaffe as he looked up.

Dean flashed his badge "Federal marshals,"

"You two are a little young for marshals, aren't you?"

Dean laughed "Thanks, that's awfully kind of you," He went over to the car. "You did have another one just like this, correct?"

"Yeah, that's right. About a mile up the road. There've been others before that," Deputy Jaffe explained.

"So, this victim, you knew him?" Sam questioned.

Deputy Jaffe nodded "Town like this, everybody knows everybody,"

Dean circled the car, looking around "Any connection between the victims, besides that they're all men?"

"No." Deputy Jaffe shook his head "Not so far as we can tell,"

"So what's the theory?" Sam wondered as he moved over to Dean.

"Honestly, we don't know. Serial murder? Kidnapping ring?"

"Well, that is exactly the kind of crack police work I'd expect out of you guys," Dean laughed.

Sam stomped on Dean's foot "Thank you for your time," He started to walk away.

"Gentlemen," Dean nodded.

Deputy Jaffe watched them go.

Dean smacked Sam on the head.