She Comes Home to This?

As soon as Oaklynn pulled into the gravel driveway of the double wide trailer she knew as home, her nephew, Ryder, ran up to her and jumped in her arms.

"Sissy!" exclaimed the small boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, he was tall for a three year old and skinnier than most kids.

"Hey baby," she wrapped him in a hug and kissed his head, "why are you outside by yourself? Where is Mami?"

"Inside. I pwayed wif my trucks waitin fer you on da steps," he smiled so big not realizing that he wasn't even four yet and really didn't need to be outside by himself.

"Ok. What did you eat for lunch today?" She said trying to sound enthusiastic but behind it I could hear concern as if the toddler may not have eaten today.

"Fried boney samitch an gol fish." I think he meant a fried bologna sandwich and gold fish crackers.

"That's sounds yummy."

"Yeee, I ates it all done." She smiled at him widely and tickled him to make him laugh.

Oaklynn carried Ryder inside and I walked up the steps of the covered porch to the back door when the spine chilling voice was back.

"How sweet, even if you didn't love her at least she has little Ryder," cackled Asmodues. The demon was now 7 feet tall with broad shoulders, the dress formally wore was gone and replaced with shorts and no shirt. The breast were gone and and Asmodues now had a six pack.

"What happened to you and when the fuck did you get back?"

"Oh I'm always watching, mortal."

We both followed them inside, Oaklynn's mom was in the living room with three or four empty beer bottles and a half empty bottle of tequila.

"Now that you're here you can watch Ryder and go get dinner started AND GET THOSE DAMN BOOTS OFF IN MY HOUSE," yelled her mother.

"Mom, it's only 3:45. Daddy won't be home until 4:30. I don't want the food to get cold," Oaklynn said to her.

"I said go make dinner!"

"Sissy, tan we drill?" Ryder asked her.

"What do you wanna grill tonight? Burgers or chicken?" Oaklynn said so sweetly to the child.

"Chiten."

"Grilled chicken ok with you mom?" Oaklynn rolled her eyes.

"Yeah whatever," her mother took another shot from the bottle.

Oakley went to the freezer and grabbed a bag of chicken breast. She laid it in the sink with hot water to thaw. "What you wanna make to go with it, baby?"

"Stuffin an Mac n cheese an fried taters."

"How bout green beans instead of Mac and cheese? I'll put bacon in em."

"Ok sissy."

Oaklynn got a box of chicken stuffing mix, a can of green beans, and potatoes from the potato box. This honestly sounded like an awesome dinner but why does Oaklynn have to cook and watch her nephew when her mom has been here all day?

She opened the can, rinsed them in the sink, and dumped them in a small pot. She filled it with water and grabbed a pack of thick piece of hog jaw from the fridge, I had only seen my grandmother use hog jaw in green beans before. She cut off a good size piece of meat, put it in the pot, and place the remainder in a zip up bag in the refrigerator. Oaklynn put the pot on the shove and turned it on.

"That will cook down for a while. Wanna help Sissy get the charcoal for the grill?" Oaklynn said Ryder.

"Yeah."