Chapter 23

Khae burst into laughter when she opened the meme Reign just sent her. This is hilarious!

Lindtsey looked at Khae. What's with her today? She's laughing way too much.

"What, dude?" Khae asked when she noticed Lindtsey staring at her.

"Dude? Yuck, Mikhaela." It's her first time hearing Khae call her that. She cringed.

"What?" Khae asked grinning.

Lindtsey just rolled her eyes. She went back to reading. It's their vacant time.

Khae just shrugged her shoulders when she saw what Lindtsey did.

She looked at her phone. She's texting with Reign. They have been exchanging messages since the other day. She thinks Reign is a cool girl and very funny. Khae so far is enjoying talking to her.

"Uhm, Lindst?"

"Yeah?"

"I've to go."

"But why? It's not yet time for your next class." Lindtsey checked her watch.

"Bye! See you later!"

"But—" Lindtsey sighed in exasperation when Khae left in a hurry. Here I am alone again.
She closed the book she's reading. She took her phone out and decided to check the notifications.

"Hey Lindst—"

"What are you doing here?" Lindtsey asked in her most unfriendly tone when she heard Christine speak. What on Earth is she doing here?

"I saw you were alone so I came to say hi."

"Are you stalking me?"

"That's my job." Christine joked.

"When are you going to stop pestering me, Christine?"

"Never gonna happen."

Lindtsey rolled her eyes. Christine is a constant nuisance in her life.

"Seriously, Lindts. When are you going to forgive me?" Christine sat beside Lindtsey.

"I told you—

"We used to be the best of friends..."

"You ruined it!"

"Just because I told you I love you more than that?"
I didn't even ask you to reciprocate it, Lindtsey. All I wanted was for you to know. Why are you punishing me for just being real and true to my feelings?" Christine said in a sad tone.

"You were not supposed to tell me those things, Christine. You know how much I valued our friendship."

"But why do you have to hate me?"

"I don't hate you!"

"Really? So, why do you keep pushing me away?"