V. practice match

"Did she just hang up on me?" Bokuto looked at his phone blankly when he heard the end tone.

"Yes, Bokuto-san. Apparently," Akaashi's polite behaviour didn't left him behind. Konoha and Suzumeda laughed.

The whole Fukurodani team planned to hang out today and Bokuto gabe the idea of inviting the younger female to join them.

Akaashi was looking forward, after all he saw how close Bokuto and (Y/n) really is from the past week. But their simpleton ace just got straight up rejected.

"Did you say Nekoma?" One member asked.

"Yeah, he's with the Nekoma team's practice match," Bokuto answered. His face lit up with the sight of his juniors bringing food to their table. He was damn hungry.

"Why would she be with Nekoma? Is she dating a member or someone? Then she knows Kuroo-san." Shirofuku asked.

"Hmm, you don't know? You don't see at all?" Bokuto asked, igniting more mystery and curious listeners.

"Is she a daughter of a mafia boss?" Suzumeda, their manager joked. Bokuto didn't answer earning a neck slice from Konoha.

"Oi, Bokuto." He gave him a smile that says do not joke around. Bokuto erupted into laughter with their reactions.

"Hey, hey, hey! She's Kozume Kenma's sister. Isn't it obvious from her appearance? She looks exactly like him!"

"Ehhh?" The table didn't believe at first glance. They were loud, earning attention from the other customers.

"Nekoma's setter?"

Akaashi's question was solved. Her brother was Kozume Kenma. A setter like himself.

"Come to think of it, she does look like him. Her eyes," he suddenly blurted out, remembering her cat-like appearance. He was deeply thinking about (Y/n) as the team was observing him.

"Do you have a crush on (Y/n)-chan, Akaashi?" Bokuto suddenly broke the ice. Akaashi flinched, coming back go his senses.

"H-Huh? Bokuto-san, you s-shouldn't just ask that out of nowhere—"

Looking at their vice-captain's flushed face and ears, they all nodded in unison. Akaashi wasn't easy to flatter nor surprised. But look at him red.

"She's your classmate after all, you've been with her since last year!" His teammates deduced.

Akaashi was feeling hot with the sudden questions.

"Akaashi must've fell for her when he saw her play volleyball," they teased. Akaashi looked away, not denying nor confirming the words spoken.

"Hmmm," Bokuto pouted. I knew her since middle school. He sulked quietly.

~~

You guys walked fast to the school and all the people in the gym stopped when you walked in with Kenma. Then you heard a loud thud, the mop someone was holding crashed on the court.

You continued walking towards the old coach who was sitting on the bench and bowed your head.

"Thank you for having me here today," you said with respect. You have seen how Nekoma plays the past years, it was because of this man. Stood him was Coach Manabu who was smiling at you as well.

"Welcome to Nekoma, (Y/n). It's an honor to have Itachiyama's best player on our court." You lifted your body and gave him a small smile.

The whole court was already on shambles when you walked in, but it was even shaken when they heard what their coach said. Even Kuroo was panicking.