Chapter 8

Tris Pov.

"Chapter 7 will be on the history of earth. Along with hydrosphere and photosphere." Says Mr. Rockell.
The bell rings and I gather my stuff and walk over to Lynn so we can walk to soccer together. I have really gotten over the whole Cristiana thing. I know I have my friends to protect me.
Plus I haven't seen her in a while. Don't know if that's good or bad.
But since nothing's happen I'm gonna go with good. I Wonder if she's at soccer.
"tris? Tris? TRIS??!" Yells Lynn in my ear. I jump.
"What."
"Ok your starting to freak me out with that." She says.
I giggle. "With what?"
She stops at the locker room door and she faces me.
"You always lose focus and just daydream. You don't even pay attention to where your walking. I had to steer you in another direction so that you wouldn't hit some nerdy kids."
She turns toward the door and walks in with me right behind her.
She goes in with no problem but I stay behind a wall. I glance behind my shoulder in the other side. No Christina. Good. I hurry. Open my locker get dressed put on my cleats. Lynn is still trying to unhook her bra cause it got stuck to her shin guard. "Crap." She says. I laugh and walk out.
I walk to the feild where coach Amar is. There is only like 2 girls there because the rest are still getting ready. I decide to sit and stretch my inner legs. The rest of the girls come.
"Alright ladies. Get in formation. I want you to-" he stops. He looks around. "Where's Christina?" He asks. I begin to sweat. Please don't be here. Please don't be here.
"She's in the locker room." Says Lynn.
Great.
I get paired with Marlene and where dribbling it back and forth through cones.
I look up to see Her and which stance she is and I see Christina charging towards the field. Her face looks determined.
"Oh no." I whisper. I park the ball and run to coach amar.
"Coach can I uh, use the restroom. Please." I say in a uneven voice. I gotta get out of here before something happens.
"Yeah sure kid." He begins writing me a pass.
"CAN YOU PLEASE HURRY UP!" I yell in panic. He looks at me alarmed. Hands me the Paper and I speed walk towards the locker room.
I turn and see that Christina wasn't charging after me. She's going after Marlene.
Oh no. She told me to stay away or bad will happen. But not just to me. To them too.
Crap.
Christina Rams her foot into the nearest soccer ball. And it shoots right towards Marlene.
I race towards her and throw myself in front of Marlene and the ball slams me right in my rib cage. I fall and gag.
She broke it.
I hear somebody yell my name but can't here clearly. I feel like my body was a twig and she just snapped it. I see Christina's body suddenly thrown on the grass.
I wince and stay on the ground till somebody's hands wrap around me and carry me off.
--------------------------------------------
Four Pov.

I'm walking out of the locker room. And too my dorm. I just had gym and I stink like a dump. I wanted to Take a quick shower before talking to tris about the whole "me liking her" thing. That's gonna be tough. What about David?
I walk out to the feild. It's the shortcut I take to get to my dorm.
I glance over to the soccer field to see if she's there.
I suddenly see Christina run and shoot a soccer ball towards Marlene. I see tris race towards her as is diving in front of her. The ball hits her right in the stomach.
She falls and doesn't get up.
I look wide eyed in panic.
"Oh my god." I whisper to myself.
"TRIS!" I yell.
I run over to her and shove Christina to the ground so hard it looked like she was flying.
"FOUR!" Coach amar yells but I ignored him and run to tris. I look at Her face and she has her eyes half open and her hand on her ribs.
I look in panic and suddenly put my hands around her, lift her up and run to my dorm with her in my arms.
When I get there I kick the door with my feet really hard. Uriah opens the door.
"Yo man what the-" he starts. Then he looks at me and tris.
"Oh my god. What happened to her?" He asks.
I walk inside and rest her on the couch. I bend down to her face.
"Tris?" I ask.
Her eyes flutter open and she winces in pain. She looks at me then her eyes widen to fear.
She starts to get up.
"No no no no." I say and put my hand on her shoulders and lay her back down.
" you have to rest. I think she broke your ribs."
She looks at me.
" you can't be near me. Or this will happen to you too." She says in a raspy voice.
I look at her eyes. Her in pain makes me feel like I'm about to melt.
"Listen to me. Ok. Are you listening.?" I ask.
She nods." I know your scared about Christina. Ok. But you have to believe in us that we will fix this."
She closes her eyes and a tear slips down her cheek.
"You don't understand. She warned me. She told me not to be around you guys. Or bad will happen."
Uriah comes up behind us and kneels down next to us.
"Look around. She tried to hurt Marlene." She says. "I don't want the same to happen to you guys." Several tears come out of her eyes.
"Everything will be fine tris. We will be watching your side every moment. We care about you." Says Uriah with his hand on hers.
" I love you guys." She says.
A tear slips down my cheek but I quickly wipe it off and clear my throat.
"We should uh- get her to the clinic." Uriah nods.
I pick her up real carefully to make sure not to hurt her more.
Uriah opens the door and we both take tris to the clinic.
"Oh my." Says nurse tori. "What happened here?"
I lay her down the the bed. And get an ice pack from the freezer and rest it on her stomach.
"Broken ribs. Make sure you tell principle Max That Christina did this to her." I say and walk over to her.
"You will be fine. I promise. I will not let anything happen to you." I say.
"Why do you care so much?" She asks gratefully.
I don't know what to say so instead, I bend down and press my lips onto hers.