Chapter 23

Tris pov.

"I did what you asked." A distant male voice says casually.

What's going on? My body feels like it's vibrating. And my legs feel like there made of sand. My head feels like I just had a huge Advil. Am I dead?  What's going on? Where am I? Tobias.

I'm laying on a thick long slack of wood that's giving me splinters all over my hands.

I feel a cold hand stoke the side of my face.

"Aw poor girl. All she ever wanted was a normal school year. Too bad she didn't get it." Christina says.

The sound of her voice makes my heart feel like it's doing jumping jacks.

She laughs. "Did she put up a fight?"
Footsteps boom on what sounds like glass towards me.
*Scoff *
"Oh please Chris. You think I can't handle a little Barbie."

Peter?

"Hm. Poison looks good on her." She says.

My Hearts racing so fast I can't keep up. I feel like I'm falling off a long deep cliff. Why would he do this too me? What have I ever did to him? Hopefully they can't  hear my heart coming out of my chest.

"Take her out the back door in a bag, and wait a couple of hours. The trash will be here at 7. Well done my boy." She laughs hysterically and walks out the door.

A long moment of silence takes place. The syringe is on the table next to me. I reach for it very slowly and grasp it tightly.

"Tris?" He whispers. He puts his hands if my shoulder.
I jerk up grab his hand and wrench it backwards. He yells in pain. The sudden jump makes me dizzy.
I stumble up and throw him on the wall with the syringe against his throat.

"TRIS! TRIS WAIT.." He yells retrained.

I push harder. "You think I'm gonna let you get away now? After you freaking tried to kill me?" I yell.

"But y-you didn't! You didn't! I saved y-you!" He whispers. I'm basically choking him.

I let go of my grasp and he falls On the ground coughing.

"Jesus your strong for a little person." He croaks rubbing his neck.

"Yeah, I do yoga." I press my foot up against his chest and push him down on his back.

"ARE YOU GONNA EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT JUST HAPPENED. YOU TRIED TO FREAKING KILL ME." I yell.

He grabs my leg and lifts it making me trip and fall.
He gets to a standing position and stands over me.

"Will you shut your big pie mouth for a moment drama queen and let me explain."
"Ohhh.. ID LOVE TO HERE THIS. Your pathetic excuse for, oh I don't know, killing your best friends girlfriend ?!" I shout.
He glares down at me with annoyance.

I scoff and lift my hand and he grabs it and lifts me up.

"I'm listening."

"Christina and Marcus wanted me to kill you with this this liquid called Exterminition. Aka, DEATH SERUM." He says with sarcasm.
I roll my eyes and he continues.

"I looked at the serum under a micro and saw all the things in it. Weird stuff I can't even pronounce so I knew it was bad. I read the label and it was from Jeannine's lab, so I went there and got some strong numbing serum, dyed it purple like the other one and threw the death thing away."

My anger lifts and my eyebrows shoot up.
"Do I hear a thank you?" He say leaning in.

I throw my arms around him but he doesn't expect it and tumbles to the ground.

"That's what you get for calling me a Barbie." I say sarcastically.

He groans and gets up. "You must be a fireball at kissing for Four to stand you." He says annoyed.

I smirk. We walk out the back door and head down the ally so they don't see us and head home.

15 minutes later were at my dorm door.

I turn. "Thanks for everything Pete. For ya know saving my life and stuff." I say all cute. "Lynn's a lucky girl." I say all girly.

"Ah shut up." He says smiling.

I kiss his cheek and walk in and close the door behind me.

Here we go again.