chapter 3

*one week later*

Arianna's P.O.V

The end of a nightmare caused me to jerk awake in my bed. I propped myself up on my elbows slowly calming myself down. I sprawled my arm over my nightstand in search of my phone. Quickly I traced the unlock pattern and checked the time.

6:00am

I let out a deep sigh, fully sitting up in my bed. I ran a hand through my hair before slipping out of my sheets and heading for my bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before silently exiting my room. My pace slowed as I passed my dads room. The door had remained closed ever since that day. It was unusual, to see the room so.... abandon. This very room had been so welcoming. Door wide open, curtains fully drawn back to allow the sun to shine through, it had always been so.....inviting. Now, years later it was left untouched by everyone, preserved in the same state as it had been that day all those years ago. I hadn't made any effort to change that, always making excuses to avoid going anywhere that reminded me of my dad. In a way, I felt like once again I was abandoning him, his memory, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything about it. I diverted my eyes away from the door like I had done so many times before and continued walking downstairs to the living room.

As I walked passed the kitchen counter, I noticed Danny's wallet and keys were gone. I quickly walked to the front of the house, feet padding across the bare wood floor as I went. I pulled the curtain to the side to see only my car in the driveway.

Huh, I thought to myself, confirming that Danny had left. I quickly closed the curtain and headed back to the living room, plopping myself down on the couch. I switched on the T.V. and watched whatever show I could find.

****

I pulled my phone out from my sweatpants, glancing at the time. It was now 7:38 and Danny still wasn't back. As I replaced my phone back into my pocket, my stomach growled. I groaned. I was too lazy to want to make something to eat, but if I didn't eat the growling would continue. I stood up from my place on the couch and headed for the kitchen. I tugged open the fridge and studied its contents over and over again. Finally, I decided on bagels with strawberry cream cheese. I closed the fridge and went to work. I popped the bagels into the toaster and as I was waiting for them to cook, I connected my phone to my sound system, pressing the shuffle button.

Low by Florida feat. T-Pain began to play through the speakers. Aww snap my jam, I thought as I move my feet to the music. I removed my hoodie, revealing my oversized white t-shirt that had the signatures of my 8th grade class scribbled all over. As the beat of the song picked up, I began to dance crazier. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the bagel pop out of the toaster. I grabbed the bagel and placed it on a plate as I swayed my hips to the beat. I began to bob my head as I spread cream cheese all over my bagel. I picked it up and began dancing around the kitchen. My favorite part of the song was coming up so I quickly freed my hands by holding the bagel with my mouth, I swung my arms in all directions, and shuffled my feet around, dancing crazily around the table. I was having a pretty good time until the music suddenly shut off. I snapped my head around to see Danny and some other guy standing in the doorway of the kitchen, Danny held the unplugged sound system cord in his hand with a smirk shown on his face. I suddenly noticed the bagel was still in my mouth and quickly snatched it out, before looking back at Danny and the other guy. I swear my eyes got a size bigger as I did a double take of the guy standing in my kitchen doorway. It was Zayn Malik. I could tell Danny knew I had noticed because he held back a laugh.

"How come we weren't invited to your little dance party?" He asked unable to hold his laughter. Oh my gosh, I thought, they had seen everything. I rolled my eyes, in embarrassment.

"Shut up Danny." I said still mortified. "And how are you.," I said addressing Zayn, "....Zayn Malik...here with.....him?" I asked trying to figure out the situation.

"We'll Arianna, you know that friend I told you was staying with us for the summer?" Danny said with a smile. "This is him."

Oh gosh. I thought taking in his words.

"You could have at least given me a heads up." I said gesturing toward Zayn. " you could have told me an international superstar was coming to our house so I had a chance to, ya know, not look like this." I said gesturing to myself.

"But what fun would that have been." He said with a smile. Zayn smiled next to him. Oh so both of them thought this was funny, ok two can play at that game.

"Your right." I said simply. "If you had warned me, I wouldn't have been caught dancing like a maniac with a bagel stuffed in my mouth." I said walking toward them. "And......." I said slowly ripping the bagel in half. "We could have avoided........this!" I said as I slapped half of the bagel on each of their shirts. I watched as the bagel half's slowly slid down each of their black shirts, leaving a trail of pink cream cheese.

"And what a shame that would have been." I said smirking at each of them. "Nice meeting you Zayn." I said with a smile as I slid past them, exiting the kitchen and heading back upstairs.

Point one for me.

*********

20 votes and ill update:) thank you for reading:D