chapter 2

Dannys P.O.V

I slowly awake as I hear a door close. Right away I know it's Arianna. It was the first weekend of summer, and she always gets up as if she still has plans to go surfing with dad. They always used to go out and surf at around 6:00, but that was before.

I slip out of my bed and go into her room. I move the curtain covering her balcony door to the side, and peer out in the direction of the beach. After a moment I see her. She's sitting with her knees tucked against her chest and her arms wrapped around them, gazing at the sunrise.

I walk out onto her balcony and head down the old, wooden steps to the beach. I head over to her as the sun continues rise. She glances at me and sends me a soft smile, as I approach her. She pats the sand next to her before turning back and looking at the glowing sun.

"Hey." I say, as I sit down next to her, resting my arms on my knees.

"Hey." She responds, the morning breeze blowing stray pieces of hair in her face. She quickly pushes them behind her ears.

"So, you ok?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," she sighs. " I just woke up...and...decided to watch the sunrise."

I nodded as I saw her shifting her gaze to the water. I knew she missed it. She had grown up loving the water. But ever since that day, she hadn't surfed, swimmed in deep water, or visited her beach: dads beach. We sat in silence before she spoke.

"Can't imagen waking up without this view..." she said. I knew that was related to her leaving for school in London. She has wanted to attend school in London for as long as I had known her, but when she got accepted, she has become a little unsure of whether or not she should go. I can't really figure out why, but she just has. I was about to speak when my phone went off. I let it ring, once, twice, before Arianna spoke up.

"You gonna get that?" She asked with a smirk.

"Am now." I said smiling and pulling my phone out of my grey sweat pants.

"Yo." I said answering without checking the caller I.D.

"Danny. It's Zayn." The familliar voice responded.

"Zayn?!" I asked excited. "What's up mate, how you been?"

"Been better, just finished up the tour and got the summer off, which is good, but also found out Ashley cheated on me while I was gone." He said. I could sence a mixture of anger, regret, and sadness when he told me that.

"Zayn, I'm sorry to hear that." I said squinting my eyes as the sun got brighter.

"Yeah, well, I'll be fine. I just need to get away from all the drama right now, so I'm looking for somewhere to take a break at."

"Really? You should come down to Aussie and stay with me." I said. "What better place to get away, than Australia." I told him.

"Australia?" He asked unsure.

"Yeah, mate. I haven't seen you since what? Since last November?" I said.

"Yeah. Last Novemeber you went to our concert." He said.

"See," I said stressing my point. "Come down here, stay for the summer, party everyday, hang out with your best friend." I said with a smile. I heard him laugh through the phone.

"Alright mate, you got me. I'll go down for the summer. I'll see you this weekened." He said.

"Alright, talk to you then." I said, looking at Arianna.

"Bye." Zayn said ending the call.

"So," Arianna began with a smile, "your best friend is coming over for a play date." She said as if she was addressing a child. I smiled.

"Yes, my best buddy in the whole world is coming down for the summer." I said rubbing my hand in her hair, messing it up.

"Danny!" She said laughing and scooting away from me. She stood up from the sand and began to fix her hair.

"Loser." She said finally getting her hair back to normal.

"Words hurt." I said smirking and standing up from the warm sand.

"Good." She said. "So who did you invite over for the summer?" She asked walking by my side back to our house.

"You'll see." I said mysteriously. She shrugged and continued to walk. She knows about One Direction, but she doesn't know about me being best friends with one of the members. This will be fun.

********

10 votes and ill update!:)