Sigh No More Chapter One

"Alright, Meredith and I will go make sure everything is safe out back. Andrew, you go to the porch and keep watch. If you see anything, shoot it. And Leah you take the woods in front of the house." My brother Jared said. We did this every night before bed. We wanted to make sure everything was safe. Walkers were everywhere, we weren't going to risk getting killed while we slept. 

     I walked through the woods with my bow. I looked up at the sky and saw the beautiful stars. That was the nice thing about this whole apocalypse thing.. I get a chance to look up at the stars. I know, that's a weird thing to think about, but it keeps me going. I heard rustling in the woods. I turned around and drew back my bow. I saw someone or something move. I followed this mysterious figure. Just then a man jumped out of the woods I went to shoot and so did he. 

"Who are you?" I asked ready to fire.

"I was about to ask you the same thing. 

"I'll answer when you put your weapon down." I said.

 He huffed. I was ready to release an arrow and he rolled his eyes. "Fine." He slowly placed his crossbow on the ground and looked up at me. 

"Now, your name?" He asked. I smiled and walked over to him. 

"Not just yet." I said throwing him to the ground.

"God! Ah! What the hell?" He shouted. I tied his hands behind his back and lifted him up off the ground. I grabbed his crossbow and walked back to the house. "What are you doing!? Let me go you bitch!" 

"Leah." I said.

"What?" 

"My name's Leah." 

"Oh well that's great Leah, now untie me." He shouted.

"Hum.. no." I replied. 

"Dammit. Give me my crossbow! Didn't you hear me? Give my goddamn crossbow!"

"Oh well since you asked nicely." I said sarcastically.

"Ha ha."

I laughed at him as I made my way back to the house. Andrew stood up and aimed his gun. 

"It's just me Andy!" I called as I approached the house with my 'new friend'. 

"Oi! Who's that?" Andrew asked in his Manchester accent.

"Don't know his name. Thought we could question him. What if he's been bitten? Scratched?" I said.

"I ain't been bitten or scratched. Just letting you know." He added.

"What's your name?" Andrew asked.