Sigh No More Chapter Two

The next morning I went downstairs and was greeted by Glen and Maggie. Well, not really greeted but I walked in on the making out on the kitchen counter. 

"Oh gosh I-." I jumped back causing them to frantically pull away from each other. 

"Wow.. ha.. sorry. We thought everyone was asleep." Glen said blushing.

"It's fine. I'm going out on the porch, so you two can continue um.. well.. yeah." I said awkwardly as I walked outside. The cool morning air felt amazing. Much better than the usual Georgia heat. Just then I heard a noise coming from the woods. 

"Ah!!" I heard a scream. I grabbed my knife out of my boot and ran in the direction of the scream. 

Deep inside the woods I found Carl, Rick's son, surrounded by walkers. 

"Shit.." I muttered. I couldn't let this happen... not again. I ran towards the walkers, stabbing all of them before they could get to Carl. 

"Are you okay?" I asked out of breath. 

"Yeah... thanks.." Carl replied. 

"Why don't you have your gun?" I asked. 

"I-I left it at the house.." 

"Well.. make sure you have it.. all the time okay.." I said.

"What's wrong?" Carl asked.

"What do you mean?" 

"You're crying.." He said. I hadn't realize my eyes were filling with tears. 

"Ha. I guess I am.." I said bursting into tears.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm.. fine..." I replied wiping the tears from my face. "Come on. Let's go." I stood up and Carl followed me back to the house. 

"Have you never killed one before?" He asked breaking our silence.

"What?" I asked.

"A walker. Have you never killed one? Is that why you were crying?" He asked.

"Oh god no. I've killed walkers before. Hell, I almost killed your friend Daryl when I first met him." I smiled.

"Really? Nobody can kill Daryl." Carl laughed.

"Hey, don't underestimate me! I knocked him flat on his ass." I said causing Carl to burst out laughing. 

"Daryl fought a girl and lost?" He exclaimed.

"Looks like it. But don't mention it to him, might hurt his feelings." I giggled.