Sigh No More Chapter Three

"Mommy!!! Mommy!!! Help!!! Help me!!!!"

"Leah just stay here I'll go get her!"

"My daughter is dead because of you!" 

I woke up screaming and covered in sweat. Hot tears were streaming down my face. I quickly put on my shoes, grabbed a gun, and walked down the stairs. I silently opened the door and stepped outside. I took a deep breath as I walked around back and into the woods. Deep into the woods was an old tree house that I had found a couple of days after we first found this place. I climbed up the ladder and went inside. It was my place of peace. I loved it. Nobody else knew about it but me. Maybe that's why I loved it so much. I could be alone. I heard a rustling in the woods below me. 

"Shit.." I grabbed my gun and peaked through the window to see someone climbing up the ladder. It was probably Andy, I couldn't tell though. The door to the tree house opened and I saw Andy.

"Dammit Andrew! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I heard you scream wanted to make sure you were okay." 

"Well.. I'm fine.. how did you find me?" I asked.

"I'm a professional tracker!" He replied proudly.

"First I've heard of your tracking skills." I laughed.

"Never underestimate the skills of Andrew William McCarthy!" He exclaimed. I smiled then remember my dream and quickly changed my mood. "Another dream? About Alice and Liam?" He asked.

"Yeah... They won't stop. No matter what I do, they just keep coming." I cried.

"Hey.. shh... you're okay. It's not like you're just going to forget... she was your little girl.. he was your husband... you don't just forget things like that.." Andy said kissing the top of my head. 

"I know.. I just wish I could remember the happy times you know? Before all this happened." 

"Why don't you? Tell me some happy memories about Alice and Liam." He said as I sat up. 

"Well.. Liam and I had our first date in a coffee shop where he spilled coffee all over me.. He was so nervous.." I giggled remember the look of embarrassment on his face. 

"That sounds fun.. what else?" Andy laughed.  

"On Alice's second birthday we had a big party for her and she grabbed a big hunk of cake and threw it at my mother." I laughed. I laughed even harder when I remembered my mom's face covered in cake.

"See.. don't you feel better?" He asked. I almost said yes. But then I remembered.

"I would feel a hell of a lot better if they were still here.." I said as I started to cry again. "Just go please. I want to be alone." Andy kissed my head and stood up. Without a word he slowly went down the ladder, leaving me alone.