29

PAL POV

“I'm waiting for you to say that it's a prank, hon. Say it now” he whisper.

Shrugging my shoulder, I face him.

“Do you really think I'm joking? Come on Anthony, it's all fact. Unless, you don't like me being your girlfriend.”

The thought of that made my mood instantly change.

I pout, “You don't like me na?”

He clear his throat, “Yes, I don't like you anymore.”

Seryoso ra kaayo sya ug walay sign nga naga joke sya. So, it means, he's telling the truth.

He's over me now? Maybe his feelings fade after leaving him multiple times.

I felt pain in my chest that made me breath uneasily.

“Oh o-okay. I'll tell my dad that it's not t-true” my voice cracked.

Then I run away from him. My breathing didn't get back to normal.

Is this what they called, the feeling of rejection? You'll feel unconscious and your heart feeling torn apart?

Now, I can feel how Anthony felt the last time I rejected him.

Holy Saints! Is this a karma?

Good God!

“You okay?” my dad asked as I stand in front of him.

My eyes full of tears. I didn't utter a word, I just hug him.

He embrace me back, “Ow sweety, what happened?”

I keep on sniffing on my father's shoulder. I badly want to tell him but everytime I plan to open my mouth it pain me more.

Wala na nako gi-mind ang mga tao sa palibot, it's just that, sakit jud sya kaayo.

Napaulawan pa jud ko.

“Mr. Ringcon..” I heard the voice of a man who cause my heartache.

I immediately fix myself, wiped my tears away then look at him.

He looked at me back with worried eyes.

“You didn't let me continue my words, you just left..” he walk close to me then cupped my face.

He inhale a big amount of air before telling the words I didn't expect I'll hear from him.

“I don't like you anymore cause I already love you. And this love could go far, that I badly want to marry you.” he said.

I was speechless for the meantime. Shy at the same time because everyone is looking at us.

Even my mom and dad.

Anthony averted his eyes from me to my parents.

Then he asked them, “Can I have your blessings now, Mr. and Mrs. Ringcon?”

Both of my parents smile at him.

My heart thumped and mind so confused.

Everyone is cheering the moment Anthony kneel down in front of me.

Like a man.. proposing?

W-what the?