~The Dream~

I was walking into The building known as ED corporation; my father was the CEO of the business. I was only five at the time. Mother was still alive then; she and I were hand in hand walking into the building as all of the workers stopped in their places and stared at us. They all smiled and waved as mother did the same. Everyone seemed nice; I returned the smile to them.

Mother walked up to the receptionist's desk and clocked in for her shift with father today; it was the traditional "bring your child to work day;" being as I was their only child, Mother took the opportunity to surprise father with my presence. Even though father has never liked surprises, mother would always try her best to please him. But he was always so cold towards us as if we weren't good enough for him. Though, that was while he was at work. At home, we were always one happy little family.

Once we had finally made it up to the one-hundredth floor, we started on our way to fathers office. This was when the system alarms set off; this was the moment things started going dark. My hands felt as if they were burning. Nothing could stop the feeling. Mother noticed my pain as she kneeled beside me; she tried her best to console me. Nothing was helping. Eventually, I had blacked out, mentally, that is.

Father had always blamed mothers death on me; I never understood why until now. She took a bullet for me; she died in my place as my quirk had formed in that very moment. You see, I was sensitive to louder noises. The alarms going off threw me into a panic which triggered my power to spark.

From that day on, I had become fathers punching bag and his little puppet. Anything he ordered me to do, I did it. No matter how tremendous of a task it was, I never faltered. I was terrified of what punishment I would receive if I didn't.

Up until now, I thought I was just in a horrible home. But now, I understand why he blamed me. I understand why, why he hated the thought of my existence. It's because I'm the cause of my mother's death. Because I'm the reason his beloved is gone.

It was all my fault; the guilt I feel now is unbearable. But I know my mother would never want me to give up. I know she wouldn't blame me. But what if my new friends find out? What if they think of me as a horrible person, and I lose the only people I have that care?

I can't think about this right now; I need to focus on controlling this power. This way, I don't hurt anyone else.

I will conquer this battle, and I will start a new path. Just as my mother would want me to do.