Abhishek

I have a friend. His name is Abhishek. Quite often, I see men trying to put other women (and their sister, wife, mother and other relatives) around them in their places. Misuse their feelings to take advantage of them and then shrug off all responsibility. Some people find it best to keep away from women who need help. Some men and women form opinions about other women based on rumours and add more to them. It's pretty easy to tarnish a woman's image in our society, and it's a spicey topic of conversation. But I have a friend, whose name is Abhishek. His presence keeps reminding me that all people are not like that. That all men are NOT the same.

I have my own set of values which differ from most people I was born around. Until a few years ago, I used to believe as long as I am good to other people, they will be good to me. But that is not entirely true. Even if one is good, someone might only be interested in his money, her body, their property, etc. Some deprived people wouldn't mind deceiving a person even if s/he has but been good to them. Part of that value is still intact because I have a friend whose name is Abhishek. He never helped me because he wanted something in return. Or to establish his wisdom over mine. If I do something wrong, he points it out without hesitation. I do the same.

I have been disappointed 100s of times by other people. But if I still meet somebody new, I greet them with a smile. It is because they might turn out to be like Abhishek.

We are not related by blood or by any romantic bond. If one has the strength to be true to one's nature, they don't need a reason to help someone. I know a man who has no deception in his gestures. He laughs when he is happy, cries when sad, says it when he disagrees without making people feel bad. And he is my friend. 

In a world full of fucked-up people, we can either choose to be fucked-up or be someone's Abhishek. :)