A Jinxed Story 1: Shamed

Jinx sat by the clear river under the oak trees. The afternoon sun gleamed on the water as brown leaves floated to the ground around her. Suddenly, a rustle sounded from a nearby bush and a golden brown cat padded forward. "Hey, Jinx!" She squawked as the cat tumbled over branches. "Hello, Chase." Jinx breathed though giggles.                      
   "You trying to catch a fish or something?" 
"No."
"Then your wasting your time. Dent catch his first fox today! But he bragged about how big it was all morning..."
 Jinx found it hard to see little Dent catching a fox. Her and Chase had tried for months to please there families who caught foxes nearly every sunrise to feed their village, the Foxcatchers. 
 "...Ya know, we should try to trick that little worm into eating a--" Chase stopped rambling as another cat came over. It was Log, the huge dark brown tom that was Jinx's father. "It's about time you went back to dens," he growled in his low voice. "Your food is going stale as we speak."

  Jinx's mother was wasn't there until later on. The white she-cat Tansy came in covered in yellow leaves with a scowl on her face. "We should have a different hunting method in the fall, I swear." She muttered through a leaf on her muzzle. Jinx snorted in laughter. Most cats can't take down a full-grown without lots of inures and help. So, since they're many storms in the area, the branches on trees are always just on the verge on falling, the cat would follow the foxes and when they stopped, a Foxchatcher cat would topple the brach on them. It's hard work, since you needed to predict which way the fox would run when the brach fell, and to shove the brach off the dead fox.
  "What happened to you?" Log sniggered 
"Why would I tell?"
"Because... I won't judge you?"
"So?"
"Aaand that's... Good?"
Jinx sighed. This was pretty normal for Log and Tansy. They both loved each other a lot for a long time, but don't like to admit it. Log was tough and a bit rude to everyone expect for Tansy. Tansy was crabby to everyone except Log and Jinx.
 "Jinx, you heard 'bout the runt catching--"Jinx snarled loudly. "Yeah, he probably had his father hold his paw the entire time!" Tansy stared at her very seriously.
  "But he still caught it before you. He's even younger than you."
  "Doesn't matter."
  "But Dent's a whole head shorter than you."
  "And that makes a difference... How?"
  "But his paws are like little ac--"
  "SO WHAT?!?!" Tansy flinched back as Jinx stormed the pile of leaves she sleeps in and broke through into it.

 Jinx was awoken by a paw at poking her through the oak leaves and heard Tansy's voice ring in the tunnel. "Wake up, Jinx. Sky is here. He wants to go hunt with you."
Jinx immediately thundered out of her leaf pile and ran outside, where the Orange and brown dappled tom waited. 
"Hey Jinx!" He smiled."ready to go?"