Part 7

(19 year olds)

A lot of people were gathered in one particular hall to watch the yearly piano competition. The contestants repeating the same piece over and over again like an endless loop. It might have been too boring for the old guy, to be sleeping ever so soundly on one of the seats present there at the far back.

Finally the most awaited moment. The last year's winner-- it was Kim Junkyu's turn. The crowd cheered loudly, which mostly consisted of the fan girls from his school even though he was openly gay. He was known for perfectly playing the piece given, no matter how hard or challenging, and also adding his own signature style making it sound different and unique-- yet beautiful and pleasing to the ears. He walked towards the stage and bowed to the audience before sitting in front of the piano. The hall suddenly fell silent and the nervousness started to rise.

.

🎹~

.

The results were out after waiting for what felt like an eternity. The participants all gathered around the big board to look for their name, hoping that it's somewhere in the above section.

There it was!-- on the top written in All Caps, the name KIM JUNKYU. You might think that he would be happily dancing at his victory for two consecutive years, but here he was with an uneasy look on his face looking around, as if searching for someone. "He isn't here." He heard his Hyunsuk hyung saying from behind his back, "You should just stop Junkyu-yah."

"You know how much I wanted him to be here hyung," Junkyu replied, "He promised me he would and yet he..."

"This is no time to be sad over that idiot! Come on, the award ceremony is about to start in fifteen minutes." Hyunsuk exclaimed trying his best to lighten the younger's mood.

"Hyung.. I haven't even talked to him properly in, like, two months," Junkyu whispered in a low tone fiddling with the chain on his neck, "he has been avoiding me ever since he started dating Mashiho."

"Kyu! Stop it. I don't know why Jihoon has been doing that, but he might have his own reasons!" He stated not being able to see his brother-like friend in such a state, "and stop playing with that, it will just make you feel worse."

The neckpiece wasn't actually that fancy or stylish or anything that stood out. Not was it given to him by someone special as you might think. It was bought by himself while visiting a small gifts shop because it reminded him of a certain someone. It was a butterfly with red wings-- making him think of a certain social butterfly he used to be close with.

.

.

.

About five months ago, there was a new transfer student from Japan-- Takata Mashiho. He was cute and friendly, but don't you dare go on his looks, because he could seriously beat your ass if you say something about his height or make fun of him. 

Junkyu would be lying if he wasn't curious about the new transferee. And to his delight, Mashiho came and approached him first! They chatted for a while and he got to find out a lot of interesting details about Japan. The atmosphere among them soon changed when Park Jihoon, Junkyu's best friend, suddenly came in between them and joined their conversation.

Junkyu was okay at first. They had been talking about various stuffs, but then Jihoon suddenly started flirting with the Japanese. He was jealous. But not of Jihoon-- he was jealous of Mashiho.

The following days the same thing continued. He would be conversing with Mashiho, when Jihoon would come in between them and they start talking, completely forgetting about the koala watching them. 

After a month, Junkyu could feel his heart break even more that it already was, when the two started excluding Junkyu from their activities. He could not stop feeling replaced.

And Hyunsuk was watching all that. Ever since he caught Junkyu simping over his best friend and coming out to him, he had been talking care of his year younger brother. He knew, that even if on the outside Junkyu might say that he was satisfied just being able to be his friend, but deep inside he wanted more. He was helplessly wanting for Jihoon to realize that he saw him as more than a friend. Hyunsuk even advised him to just confess his feelings a thousand times, but always received the same set of answers.

'I am sacred hyung...' or

'If I had the guts, then I would've done that long ago.' or maybe

'He might think that I might've gone nuts or that maybe I am joking'

He even thought of approaching Jihoon any time and tell him about Junkyu, but remained silent for the sake of the younger. He tried asking Jihoon about Mashiho and why he had been ignoring Junkyu, but the latter always ignored his questions and change the topic, as if he didn't want to talk about it.

A month and some couple of days ago, Jihoon and Mashiho declared that they were officially a couple. He remembers Junkyu running towards his house at almost 10 at night, knocking on the door as if something drastic happened. How he opened the door and the way Junkyu was crying uncontrollably. It was really hard for him to hold back his urge to punch that bastard in the face.

.

.

.

"Junkyu-yah I'm sorry about Jihoonie," Mrs. Park apologized on behalf of her son, "I told him to come, but he still went somewhere god knows without telling me."

"It's fine auntie. I guess he would have been bored if he came anyways," Junkyu replied trying his best to act it out. "Junkyu-yah!!" They were standing outside the hall when a loud call from someone familiar made Junkyu turn his head towards the side. "Mashi? I didn't knew that you were here." He said confused as he hoped to see Jihoon along with Mashiho.

"I heard about your performance from Yoshi-kun. You were looking really great up there!" Mashiho replied excitedly congratulating the taller for his win. "Mashiho-yah is Jihoon not with you today?" Mrs. Park asked, curious about her son.

"Huh? I thought he came here?" He answered equally surprised and confused as the rest of them.

"Did he not tell you where he was going?" Hyunsuk interrupted with a concerned look. Jihoon might act childish and play pranks every now and then, but he was not the irresponsible type to just vanish and not tell anyone-- especially his boyfriend because everyone knows how clingy he is.

"Nope. He hasn't even texted me once today." Mashiho said, "Junkyu-yah, do you have any idea where he might be?"

"I.....I don't."

Teu-ha!!💎

Hey guys!! Sorry for suddenly ghosting this story.

But yeah!! As I said that this is gonna be a short story the next chapter might, or might not be the last chapter depending on the length. 

VOTE FOR TREASURE ON MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy the short update! <3