Chapter 2

Music blared throughout the house, the bass thick as it rumbled the hardwood floor. The kids could feel the beat in their toes, causing them to wiggle and dance. With an octagon glass in hand, you raised it to your light pink lips, taking a swig of the caramelized whiskey. You chose matching lipsticks, and Aria chose the soft pink shade. 

You didn't have a 'Mom Group' of friends to shame you for letting your five-year-old wear lipstick. It's makeup, not an assault rifle. A way for the two of you to bond; as with most five-year-olds, she was only interested in make-up because her mother was. That and kids like crayons, and as Aria put it, 'Lipstick is just a bigger crayon.'

"G.L.A.M.O.R.O.U.S!"

You couldn't help but smile at the sight. A grown man, Seokjin, danced around the room with toddlers as he rapped the lyrics to the song for them. The four of you were dressed in a mix of black and white. Seokjin was in his typical slacks with a plain white shirt, sleeves rolled up as he moved around the room. Setting down his expensive whiskey glass, he grabbed Aria's tiny hands and started dancing with her. Aria had picked out her sparking white flared dress. Sleeveless to free up her 'dancing hands,' as she called them. Her black hair was pinned back into a glittery silver bun.

Levi wobbled his way over to you, spelling the song's name out of synchronization, making it much more adorable. Following Seokjin's lead, you set your glass down and leaned down to scoop Levi up in your arms and place him on your hip with a bounce. You chose a simple spaghetti strap white silk dress and bare feet on the polished wood floor. 

Seokjin had helped Levi pick out his party outfit, which was spot on. Your little man was dressed in black slack shorts with beautiful silver stitching along the seams—a white undershirt covered by a solid black vest. Levi ran warm and didn't like constricting clothes, so shorts were his favorite. With the help of Seokjin's style, he came out looking like the most refined gentleman. The kids were spoiled, but they were loved.

You couldn't look Seokjin in the eyes as he released Aria and began to shimmying his way toward you as the male verse approached. Shaking your head, you held onto Levi as you spun around in the air, causing the little boy to giggle. 

Seokjin attempted to rap the entirety of the verse; he wasn't half bad despite the cringe factor of singing in front of the family. As your spin stopped, Seokjin placed his hands under Levi's arms and quickly snatched him from your arms. You took in an irritated breath as Seokjin lowered Levi down to the ground and patted his back in the direction of his sister. 

Your eyes snapped open as colors whirled in front of you when Seokjin suddenly spun around with a dancer's skill and snatched your hand in his. As the verse finished, Seokjin pulled you close and began to sway to the ecstatic beat of the song with you. 

The looks exchanged were known only to the two of you; the kids understood that you were friends. Though Seokjin made his offer for commitment known a few months after the twins were born, he approached it as a business offer. 

It was the only way you could possess the idea that someone felt romantic love toward you without an alternative motive. No. You wouldn't do that to your kids and made your intentions of no strings attached relationship clear. Seokjin agreed. You weren't sure if he 'loved' you or if he had just grown to love the twins to such a degree he thought it was the only logical option to stay close to them. He protected Levi and Aria ever since they were inside you, and you all began to feel like family to him. He had none left of his own. His family had all passed away. Long story that took years for him to discuss.

Seokjin was your very best friend. Your bodies had collided more than once over five years; he wasn't the only one you collided with. Unaware if Seokjin had any other female partners. Your time together sexually was sporadic and limited. You didn't care to ask, and he didn't share. Neither of you brought another partner around the kids.