Chapter 8

After some hesitation, you went against your better judgment and released Jungkook from the cuffs. Hoseok remained cuffed and carried out of the building from Jungkook. Stuffed into a van, you climbed inside with Jungkook and agreed to go to a secondary location. Shots had been fired in a convention center, and you only had so much time before someone found the dead body and the cops swarmed in.

Leaving Hoseok behind in the locked car, you and Jungkook took shelter in an abandoned house. Making your way into the garage, the door was broken, allowing easy access. There was no power to activate the garage door and pull the car with Hoseok into the building. The car was parked in the wooded area behind the house, out of sight. This allowed you to be far enough that Hoseok couldn't overhear the two of you. Jungkook had the alarm set to trigger. If Hoseok did wake up and try and leave, it would sound the alarm and alert them he could be escaping or trying to listen in on their conversation. Jungkook took just as many precautions as you to keep you safe; then again, he wasn't the one in danger. 

You still weren't positive this was a good idea, but Jungkook begged. You agreed as one last favor. Jungkook could see the frustration on your face when he turned to face you. Your eyes nagging him to hurry up and talk. 

"I have to ask." Raising a brow, you looked toward those beautiful chestnut eyes as soft as the setting sun. There was that lingering hope again. He was going to ask that

"Is he mine?" He swallowed his empty throat and held onto that tiny piece of hope that you couldn't understand. 

"No." You answered quickly; you weren't going to leave him with lingering hope. 

"Are you sure?" His voice was low, hesitation to prey further. Desperately Jungkook wanted your child to be his. You weren't sure why. Did he want the connection of a child? Did he think R would stop chasing him if the kid were his? Was he hoping for a reason to turn on R? 

"Yes." Folding your arms at your chest, you took in a deep breath. 

"What's his name?" Silence. Your eyes moved across the room and settled there. "You won't tell me?" Jungkook asked; taking a step forward, he began to close the physical distance you had asserted. 

"It's not information you need to know." Flashing your eyes back at him, you let them narrow to slits. "If R gets that name, he can use it to track him." Irritated, he didn't realize the obvious here. You would gate keep the information about your children; torture would not force you to talk. 

"You still think I would betray you?" Tilting his head to the side, you watched as black hair clouded his vision. He never went back to blonde? His hair was the same color you had helped him dye it. He kept that color for years. It helped remind him of the time that you two had shared. "Yes."

"I helped you escape, Y/N." Jungkook reminded you. Opening his arms up, he widened them in surrender before letting them fall lifelessly at his side and slap at his thigh. He, too, was irritated. He had done all he could to prove himself to you, and it still wasn't enough. It would never be enough. "That's not my name." You interrupted quickly after. 

"Can I at least know your name?" As the silence thickened, Jungkook was starting to get the picture. Taking in a slow breath, he took a step back; he was pulling from you, tired of reaching a hand out with no response. "Azalea."

He paused, his boots scuffing against the concrete floor. His eyes were the color of cooled lava as he stared into your contact-covered eyes. He wasn't looking at you through. He was looking into you. Making you feel exposed more so than standing in front of him bare. "I like it." With a flick of his brows, he halted his retreat. 

"Cut the shit! I get it; you're not going to snitch. So, why are we still talking?!" Raising your voice, you let your frustrations out in the volume of your voice. Your nerves were tight and adrenaline high. You were in a constant state of fight or flight since you heard about Hoseok entering your town.