ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔗𝔴𝔬

📍 Ealdor

📍 Ealdor

June, 504 AD

"Merlin! Gather the villagers, I need to talk to them," Arthur ordered the sorcerer, who had moved to talk to his a**hole friend Will.

Merlin huffed and sent me an annoyed look. "I mean, you never did quit your job. You just said you were leaving," I pointed out with a shrug, earning a glare before he walked away.

Will shuffled closer to me as I began to untack Dallas, making me tense up slightly. "It is nice to see you still have your head, Princess," he stated. I turned to face him, scowling at the smug smile he had on his face as his blueish green eyes examined me up and down.

"Wish I could say the same thing, Ass-butt," I responded, wishing that I had a molotov cocktail I could fling at him.

I walked away from the boy and led my horse to the paddock where he'd lived during our time in Ealdor. Ella, Bronze and the horses that Merlin, Gwen and Hunith had brought followed us instinctively. I untacked all of them and made sure they had enough hay and water, then I moved to kiss Dallas's forehead. "You did awesome, Dal. Get some rest," I whispered to him. After that, I returned to the town square.

A crowd had started to form around Arthur, so I weaved through the people and moved to stand near him as a way to hopefully show my support, knowing how challenging being an outsider can be. He grinned down at me when he saw me, making my heart beat a little bit faster as I returned the gesture.

"I know Kanen's kind," the Prince spoke firmly as he addressed the villagers. "He will be back. And when he is, you must be ready for him." I watched as the people shared confused glances. "First of all, we have to prepare for–"

I clenched my jaw as Will cut him off, "Am I the only one wondering who the hell this is?!"

"I am Prince Arthur of Camelot," Arthur replied.

"Ha, yeah," Will scoffed. "And I am Prince William of Ealdor."

"No, you're the crap stuck at the bottom of Ealdor's shoe," I growled at him in defence of Arthur – he's my friend, after all, I guess.

"Keep quiet, he is here to help us," Hunith scolded the brunet boy, but he wouldn't back down.

"He has made things worse!" he claimed. "Kanen will be back, and when he is, he will be looking for revenge! You have just signed our death warrants!"

"We'll turn you in as a peace offering," I threatened while aiming my unloaded bow at the guy.

"Calm down, it is all right," Arthur whispered as his hand reached out to gently lower my arm, and I allowed it with a shaky sigh. Then he turned to Will, "What would you have us do?"

"We cannot fight against Kanen, he has too many men," the boy replied, suddenly appearing nervous under the blond's piercing stare.

"So what is the alternative?" Arthur questioned.