Chapter 33

Nightwave

He navigated his way through various dragons. Nightwave caught up with Euxine, who was hugging a SkyWing.

Hemisphere smiled when he saw his brother-in-law approach them. Euxine hugged her brother.

She pulled back and then looked over his shoulder, a face of pure shock. He couldn't read her mind with all the dragons around them, so he was not prepared to see their long lost father standing right there.

Cyaneous waved a webbed talon nervously. Whatever he wanted to say was gone as the two hybrids tackled him, falling to the sand.

Sobs racked through Nightwave, finally reunited with his family.

They sat up and began talking about what happened to Cyaneous. Tumbleweed was taking members of the order to find Calve, and Euxine cried out when she noticed that their father was covered in scars. He explained that he was tortured, the SandWings that knew he was there had given him small doses of their venom. On the plus side, he was immune now.

Nightwave wiped a tear from his eye.

He suddenly froze.

Among the minds around them, one stood out. He had trained himself to do so, in case this dragon ever attempted to sneak up on him.

He looked around and saw him.

The NightWing that had taken care of him and Euxine when their mother was sick. The dragon that had made his life so miserable, and eventually caused his mother to neglect them.

Ruin. Aptly named so because he ruins everything.

The dragon stared back at Nightwave. His tongue flickered in and out in anger, and then he disappeared as a dragon passed. He frantically looked around, trying to find him as his mind began to fade.

He saw Moose and ran after him.