𝐆𝐔𝐓𝐒(5)

tw for merle dixon  :Z

tw for merle dixon :Z

Jay never really imagined she'd die old and happy, but she always thought that at the very least she'd be surrounded by her remaining loved ones.

Standing in the hot ass Atlanta sun, stuck with people she's known for maybe a month, watching Merle Dixon advertise them to dozens of geeks? No. Not paticularly how she imagined going out.

She thinks back to earlier in the day and curses the weird self-esteem issue that makes her want to be useful. Jay could've just stayed home and taught Sophia the Loomis method, or gossiped about Lori and Shane with Dale. Nope! She just had to go inside the city her only family had died in.

All that arguing with Danny just to never come back because Glenn happened to lead them into the city the same day a white boy rides in on a horse, shooting like he's in an old western. Playing dress up as a cop like the geeks are gonna listen to the dude with a badge.

Right now, old and happy seems more far away then ever.

"Dixon, you bringing the whole damn city on us!" She's trying to get Merle to stop, but every attempt is met with a crude comment.

"Stop bitchin' and I might let you shoot it, honey. What about that?" Merle says with a wheezy laugh, he's rubbing his nose like crazy and it suddenly clicks that he's high. Of course, this redneck would get high on a looting mission.

Tank Guy has signed their death tickets, she supposes Merle Dixon is slapping on their toe tags.  She wonders if everyone would believe her if the bastard happened to mysteriously fall off the roof. Maybe he'd distract the geeks long enough for everyone else to sneak out (though the more she thinks about it the more sure she is that his flesh would probably be too nasty even for the dead).

"Hey Dixon! Are you crazy?" She hears T-Dog yell, and she promptly thanks god she's not the only one dealing with this guy.

Merle just laughs and keeps shooting at the things below. "Y'all be more polite to a man with a gun! Huh? Only common sense."

"Would be polite if you shared whatever got you this high and stupid." Jay mutters under her breath.

"Man, you wasting bullets we ain't even got!" T-Dog yells, he's met with the same cackle Jay got minutes beforehand.

"Bad enough I've got this taco bender on my ass all day. Now I'm gonna take orders from you? I don't think so, bro. That'll be the day." Merle turns around to get closer to him. Jay doesn't think it's possible for her face to scrunch up in disgust more.

"'That'll be the day?' You got something you want to tell me?"

"T-Dog man, just leave it." Morales says from the corner. Jay bites back telling them to just fucking jump the dickhead.