Chapter 7

After reaching Caroline's house, Andrew shut the truck engine off.

Turning in his seat, Andrew softly huffed before saying, "It's okay, doll. It honestly doesn't bother me because I know you have no interest in him. The important thing is, I want to be able to tell the pack you're my mate. I want them to know because I'm proud of the fact that you're mine. I want them all to know, and just holding your hand doesn't tell them that."

"Well, then you should tell them," Caroline said. "I never said you couldn't."

Andrew shook his head as he reached out and ran fingers through her hair. "You don't understand. When I go up and say, 'Hey everyone, I found my mate, and it's Caroline', the first thing they ask is, 'why haven't you marked her?'."

"Oh," Caroline muttered before she bit her lip in contemplation. "Well, will it hurt?"

"For a little bit, it will. Then it will give you nothing but pleasure," Andrew whispered as he moved closer.

Caroline felt her heart begin to race as her breathing sped up and butterflies filled her stomach. Her body always seemed to react the same way when Andrew was close.

"Please, let me mark you mine," Andrew whispered. His hands moved and pulled her closer. Then he leaned in and began to kiss her neck.

Caroline moved her own hands then and gripped his t-shirt.

Andrew's kisses on her neck moved downward slightly as he gripped her neckline. He pulled it away from her neck, which gave him better access to her neck and shoulder. His lips moved down to where her neck and shoulder joined. Once there, he began to lick and nip a bit harder.

Caroline's head dropped back, her actions telling him yes. She moaned at the pleasure she felt at his touch.

"Are you ready now?" Andrew whispered.

His breath against her neck caused shivers to move over her skin as she nodded. Then, a soft scream left her as he bit down on the base of her neck. His teeth were sharp, and Caroline felt her nails dig into her palms, where her hands were twisted in his t-shirt.

Then, just as suddenly as the pain started, it was gone, and pleasure replaced it. The pleasure was like nothing Caroline had felt before now, and it caused her body to arch into his even as a long needy whimper left her lips before she whispered, "Andrew."

Andrew's mouth left her neck, and he gave it a bit of a lick before he said, "I know, baby doll. It makes a body horny. That's why lovemaking usually follows the marking."

Caroline opened her eyes to gaze up at him when he pulled back. "I already wanted you something fierce, but now, now I—"

"I know," Andrew whispered as he placed a finger over her mouth. Then he kissed her as he pulled her onto his lap.

"I can make it a bit better if you want me to," Andrew told her before he began kissing her neck again.

Soon though, his hands began to roam, and it didn't take long for them to reach the waistband of her pants. However, they stopped there.

Caroline bit her lip and gazed into his beautiful brown eyes when he brought his head up. Was she ready for the next step? She wasn't sure that she was.

Andrew smiled and moved his hand. "It's too soon for that, isn't it?"

Caroline nodded, feeling her cheeks heat.

"I understand, and I'm sorry for pushing."

"No, I'm sorry," Caroline whispered. "It's not that I don't want... it's... it's just we're in your truck, and I want more than just—" She stopped and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry."