Chapter 10

Caroline was now at home since Andrew had dropped her off on his way to his training camp. The dust had barely settled in her driveway, and she missed him already. She'd gone inside and explained to her dad what had happened while silent tears fell.

Dad, of course, decided to try and cheer her up, to try and keep her from missing Andrew too much. So, since it was Sunday, he took her to lunch and to see a movie. After the movie, he took her for ice cream. Then he spent the whole afternoon and evening with her, dragging her from place to place until after dark.

When they finally made it home, Caroline went straight to bed. Her cold and lonely bed with no Andrew. That's when she cried.

#

Andrew left Caroline and went to the training camp as he was told to do by his Alpha. He left his cell phone at home as he was told to do by his parents.

When he arrived, they had him running, lifting weights, and boxing. He did all three of those things until he could barely move. Then he ran some more when thoughts of Caroline slipped in. That night he lay exhausted on his bed, hoping for sleep to take him away.

At two in the morning, he was still unable to sleep because his mate wasn't next to him. So, crawling out of bed, he went running again. He could tell it was going to be a very long week.

#

"Girl, what did you do all weekend? You look like something the cat dragged in, and her kittens wouldn't touch," Rebecca said Monday morning teasingly.

Caroline groaned. "I know how bad I look, don't rub it in. Andrew had to leave town for a week on a family emergency."

"So, he kept you up all night before he left?" Rebecca asked.

"Something like that," Caroline muttered, unable to tell her friend the truth.

"Well, you need to be getting some sleep tonight," Rebecca informed her as the bell rang, calling them to class.

#

"Girl, I believe you look even worse today than you did yesterday," Rebecca commented as she sat down to eat lunch Tuesday.

"Ugh, Becca, I feel worse too. I think I'm coming down with something. Maybe I should just go home," Caroline said as she lay her head down on the table.

Rebecca scooted over away from Caroline to the end of the bench. "If it's something I can catch, I don't want it!"

"Go home, Caroline. I'll tell the boss you won't be in tonight," Dale encouraged from where he sat next to her as he rubbed her back gently.

Caroline looked up and smiled at him. "Thanks, Dale."

"I'll bring your homework by before work and check on you," Dale added.

"Thanks, I owe you," Caroline mumbled. Then she stumbled her way to the office to check herself out.

Once she'd finished in the office, she grabbed her things from her locker and set off for home.

#

"Ben, did you get it done?" She asked.

"Yes. It's already taking effect. Caroline looks like death warmed over already," Ben answered.

"Good."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ben asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Caroline deserves to die, but I want to watch her writhe in pain until then. She should have never tried to take what is mine." She laughed maniacally.