Chapter 1

As the sun shone above the water, and the birds chippering. Young Donnie was playing with his best friend, Mikey. Raph and Leo were inside the house, training to become great ninjas. "Kaishi" splinter shouted, as the two young boys started to fight, as Raph started to fall to the ground and Leo swung his katana at him, but before he'd even tap Raph out, Donnie and Mikey came in running. "What's wrong?" Leo said, curious because they would never come in the training room, while they're practicing. "The bunny, we saw it in the open. Till the huge bird attacked it out of no where." Mikey said, worried for the rabbit that was bleeding on his palms, and arms. "Let me see." Slinter said reaching out his arm to hold the helpless rabbit, "You four, go make some sandwiches. I'm going to try and fix it's leg, and Mikey go wash your arm." Splinter said looking down at the four young turtles, "Yes sensei." said Leo looking at his friends, as Raph and Donnie walked out the door, "Let's go Mikey." He said while grabbing his arm, taking him out of the room. "Is the bunny going to be alright?" said the young turtle, "It's going to be fine Mikey, Splinter

knows what he's doing." He said looking at his little brother while patting his head, but he wasn't so sure about it too, after seeing it bleed a lot on Mikey's arm. "Go clean your arm, I'll call you when we're done making the sandwiches." Leo said while giving Mikey a gentle nudge, "Okay!" Said the young turtle while running upstairs. Leo sighed and walked to the kitchen.

The water was running, and the young turtle put his hand in the sink, 'Why do they always lie to me?' he said in his mind, not understanding why he was being treated like a baby. 'I'm just 1 year younger than Donnie, why do they lie to me but not him?' he asked himself a question "I don't get it..." Mikey said, looking down at the sink while the water was still running, and blood being washed off his arm. "Get what?" Mikey turned around seeing Donnie leaning at the door, "Oh, it's just you" he said letting out a little sigh, "Right.... So, what don't you get?" said the purple bandana turtle, while walking in the restroom, "It's nothing, but why are you in here?" he said while turning the sink off, grabbing the towel, and dried his hands. "Leo told me to tell you that the sandwiches are done." he said looking down at his best friend, "Finally, I was starving!" Mikey said running out of the restroom, "Yeah, thanks Donnie for telling me, your welcome Mikey" Donnie said to himself, while walking out the restroom and closing the door. As Mikey and Donnie made it down to the kitchen, Mikey grabbed his plate and ran to the couch before Raph, and grabbed the remote, "Dibs!" He shouted looking at Raph, "You son of a-" he stopped as he saw Splinter walk out of the room, holding the rabbit in his arms. "Is it alright master splinter?" said the blue bandana turtle, looking at his sensei, "He's going to be fine." Splinter said, putting the rabbit down. "What are we going to do with it" Raph said looking down at the rabbit, "Oh! Can we keep it! PLEASE!" Mikey shouted, as he ran towards Splinter, and grabbed his hands, and down to his knees, and started begging, "If you're going to keep it, you have to be responsible for everything it does." Splinter said looking down at him, "Of course!" He said while letting go of Splinter hands and ran towards the rabbit. "Are you really trusting Mikey with a pet?" Donnie said, as he looks at Splinter, and not so sure if Mikey is responsible for a tiny rabbit. "He did agree if anything happens, it's his responsibility." Splinter said as he walked out of the living room. "Of course, master Splinter doesn't see the way I see Mikey..." He said, looking at Mikey, 'soon though...' Donnie said in his mind, while grinning.

It was late at night, Raph is sleeping in the living room on the couch, Leo is in his room, Splinter is also sleeping in his room, and Donnie is working on some inventions, and heard the door knocking, "Come in." Donnie said while still working on his invention, the door opened a little and he peaked in, Donnie looked at the door seeing Mikey there. "What's up?" Donnie said while putting his tool down, "I can't sleep, and there's thunder outside..." Mikey said as he held his rabbit in his arm's while looking down at the floor. Donnie let out a tiny sigh, "Do you want to stay for the night?" Donnie said looking at Mikey as he nodded and slowly looked at Donnie, "Okay, my bed is right there." He pointed across his room at the bed, Mikey walked to the bed and laid on it, "Are you going to sleep too?" Mikey said as he grabbed the blanket and covered himself. "Yeah, but later." he said as he grabbed the tool and continued to work on his invention, Mikey looked at Donnie as he worked, "Okay..." he said as he slowly fell asleep "Night..." Donnie looked at Mikey, he got off his chair, and walked towards the bed. He sat by the young turtle, and pat his head, "Night, Mikey." he spoke, as he gave him a gentle kiss on the head.

The sunshine over the house, and water running in the river, the little turtle yawned as he sat up on the bed. He looked to the side, seeing Donnie peacefully sleeping, Mikey didn't want to disturb him after all, he never gets some sleep because he's always working on his inventions. Mikey laid back down and faced Donnie. The little turtle reached out to hug Donnie as he slept, but before he even got the chance, Donnie opened his eyes and looked at Mikey, when the sun shinned through the window, Donnie saw his best friend's baby blue eyes shine. He immediately sat up, Mikey looked at him, confused, "Sorry, it's just I told myself that I'll sleep for a couple of minutes, I guess that I didn't want to wake up." He said as he turned around seeing Mikey getting up to leave the room. "I'll see you at training." He said, as he closed the door. "Yeah, see you..." Donnie said as he looked at the door, he then got up and went to the table and grabbed the tool, then sat on his chair. Mikey went into the kitchen, and saw Leo and Raph eating cereal, "Morning guys!" He shouted at them both getting their attention, "Morning Mikey, how'd you sleep?" Leo said as he stopped reading his space-hero comic book. "I slept fine." He answers back while trying to reach the cereal that was in the cabinet, "Freaking damn short legs!" He said as he tips toed and touch the box with the tip of his finger, Raph slowly got off his seat, and quietly walked towards Mikey, "BOO!" He shouted as Mikey yelled and fell to the ground. "RAPH!" Mikey shouted and Raph laughed out loud, "That wasn't really nice Raph" Leo said, as he glared at him "Oh give me a break, I can't even play with Mikey anymore? That sucks." He said while walking back to his seat, "It's not nice to tease him like that." He said as he looked back at his comic book. Mikey got back up from the floor and climbed on the counter to reach the cereal, as he grabbed the box of cereal Donnie walked in the kitchen, to make himself some coffee, "Mikey, y'know that you can fall." he walked to him and picked him up and put him down, "Hey, I was trying to get cereal." He muttered "Yeah okay." He said as he grabbed the box of cereal, and put it on the table, he then walked towards Mikey, and went on his knees, "Your welcome~" he said while grinning. Mikey looked him as he got back up to make himself some coffee, "What was that about?" He said in his mind as he blushed lightly, he then got up and went to the fridge to get him some milk for the cereal, after grabbing the milk he went to the table and started to put the cereal in his bowl, and then the milk.

After they ate, they all went into the training room. "Sorry we're late father." Leo said as he went and sit on the floor, and the others did the same thing, "It's alright." Splinter spoke as he watched them sitting down "Children, and my sons' friends, we are going to the woods." He said as he looked at them all, "The woods? Why though master Splinter?" Raph said and looked at the others, "Because you guys need to learn your spiritual refinement." He told them as he got up, "we leave before the sun set." he said as he walks into his room, it went silent for a minute or two "But, I don't want to go to the Forest." Mikey muttered as he lay flat on the floor "We don't make choices little brother, father said we have to go." Leo said as he got up and walk out the door, "Now get up from the floor." Raph said as he grabbed Mikey's arm and pull him to get up, "Alright!" Mikey shouted as he got up. "Finally," he said as he poked Mikey's forehead, "I'm going to see Leo, see you guys later." he said as he walked out the door. "Why is your brother so mean to me." The little turtle said as he leans on Donnie, "Hey, not my fault he was born that way." he said as he grabbed Mikey shoulders to push him off a bit. "Well, we better get ready It's almost sun set, Donnie said as Mikey and Donnie walked out the door.