The Party

We set up the party really fast before he got home. For the party there were little Harley Davidson napkins and cups, and there was family and friends there to help us. There were a couple really special things also. The boys were dressed as little motorcycle guys with leather jackets and greased back hair. It was adorable. Also, his brother, that he hasn't seen in ten years, flew in to be at his party.
"Sshhshshhh. He is coming!" I yelled.
Everybody hid, and when he came around the house, we all yelled SURPRISE!!
He was so shocked. When he saw his brother, he gave him a big hug, and started to cry. I had a sensation in my chest. It was a good one. It wasn't nervousness, it wasn't guilt, it wasn't anxiety, I think it was love. Yeah, love. I love Mike like a father, and I love those boys like their my little brothers or my kids even. Yeah, I love them.
His party was great. We had a dance floor, and the boys dance together, and it was so cute. He got some pretty cool gifts. The last gift that he opened was mine, and once he read the card, tears came to his eyes. The card said,
Dear Mike,
I hope you are having a good birthday. I just wanted to let you know on your special day, that you are very important in my life. I also wanted to tell you that, it would be an honor for me to call you dad.
Love,
Nicole
He wiped away his tears with one of the handkerchief he keeps in his back pocket. He said,
"I guess this is the perfect moment." he walked over to my mom, got down on one knee, and said,
"Sherry, I love you, and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?" he said as my mom started to cry.
"Yes!" she yelled as she fell on her knees, and they shared a kiss.
Almost everyone was crying, the boys didn't really know what was going on, and out of the corner of my eye I saw the neighbors cat fall in the pool. I gave a small chuckle, and continued to cry.