Chapter 2

Chapter 2
"I'm Andrew Garfield."

And my heart almost stopped beating. I kept quiet.

He laughed softly and took off his mask. "Sorry, I should have taken this off before", he said. He took off his Spidey gloves as well and held his right hand out. I gave him a smile and we shook hands. I felt his hand was shaking a bit. And as soon as our skins came in contact, it gave me a slight shiver.

He smiled and said, "It's really nice to meet you. I wish you get selected. Good luck." That made me smile. I wanted to say thank you but I couldn't find the words. He turned around and went towards where the set up was.

It's not that I've never seen him before or he is Prince Charles. I mean both of us are actors and we are loved by many, but shaking hands with him was different. I think I had a little crush on him. I knew he was an incredible actor and I was looking forward to work with him.

The only thing going on in my mind was to get selected for the film. I really wanted to get this role. I had seen Andrew at award ceremonies but the idea of going to be able to work with him filled me with joy.

Mark called me and asked me to change into my costume. When I came out of the changing room, they immediately made me sit on a chair for doing my hair and make up. A lady came to me and gave a sheet of paper.

I think it was the script. And I had to do a scene with Andrew. The fiest thing that struck my mind was, how am I gonna do it? I took a deep breath and started practicing the lines.

Once I was ready, Mark came to me and explained what the scene actually was.. I listened to him carefully. I had felt this shyness or nervousness before. I calmed myself down and went towards where Andrew was standing. I had to stand next to him for the camera test.

And I don't know how and I don't know why, I really inappropriately started touching him.

He was like, "Stop touching me." To which I replied, "You have to realize everyone is in the room with Spider Man. It isn't just about you. Everyone is around Spider Man right now." It was incredible to see him in the costume for the first time.

He made a confused expression but smiled to what I had just said. His smile made me melt. I'm sure my cheeks would have turned red. Ofcourse I had seen him smiling before, but standing centimeters away from him and watching him smile was completely different.

And to be honest, his smile is the best in the whole damn world. His big brown doe eyes looked into mine. If he would stayed there for two more minutes, I would have definitely been lying on the ground.

The next one and a half hour I was being tested. I don't know from where that confidence came inside me, but I know that I had given my best. I didn't feel like I was acting with Andrew for the first time. I felt like I had been around him for years.

He too made me feel loads comfortable. I think we had a great chemistry. I just knew. And it made sense. Once I read with him and once I met him, it all made sense.

After that, I just had to wait for the confirmation. I so wanted to get this role.

When I came out after changing into the clothes I had worn while coimg here, Mark approached me. And I was glad that he loved the way I acted. I saw Andrew coming towards me. He had a can of coke in his hands. He offered it to me but I wasn't in the mood to have anything so I gave him a smile, refusing.

"You were great Emma," he said. This made me blush. I don't know why, it just did.

"Seriously, Emma you did quite a good job. We'll decide whom to choose and maybe, I'll give you call in two days." Mark said and he went away.

After that, it was just Andrew and me. I felt more confident after giving the audition. Somewhere on the inside, I felt that I'll be the one who'll be getting to work in the movie.

I wanted to stay there and talk to Andrew, but I had got message from Mom saying that we had to go for a dinner to her sister's place. So, unfortunately, I had to bid him goodbye.

"Thank you Andrew. It was nice meeting you", I said. He replied with a broad smile on his face. "It was nice meeting you too. I hope you are the one getting the role."

I smiled back and left the studio.

For the next two days, I kept replaying what happened at studio in my mind. Gawd! The way Andrew smiled. It can make anygirl fall to pieces.

We were having dinner at the table when I got a call. I got up and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Okay. Thank you very much."

"Yeah. Sure."

"I'll be there."

"Thank you." With that I ended the call and went back to eating my food.

"Who was it Emma?" My mom asked. "Oh, it was Mark Webb. I..uh...I got the role. I've been selected." I replied with a smile.

"Oh my god! Congratulations sweetheart." My parents seemed very happy. It's been so slong since I've been acting. Yet they get more excited than me whenever I am offered a role for any movie.

But this was The Amazing Spider Man. He is my favourite superhero. And I so wanted to act in the film.

It was not until I was in my bed when I realized that I'd be working with andrew Garfield. He is an incredible actor. I knew it was gonna be a great experience working with him.

So the cast of The Amazing Spider Man was finalised.

Andrew Garfield will be playing the role of Peter Parker.
Emma Stone will be playiing the role of Gwen Stacy.