Chapter 35

EVERY FACE HAS A MASK.

The time Ntate Molefe untied his meet up with Bhekokwakhe, he went straight to his house. Now he is sitting in study using his leisure time to think. Downing his brandy without ice burning his throat in the process. His ringtone sings, he presses the green button placing the cell phone on his ear.

[CALL]

Without screeching a word, the voice comes from the cell phone’s speaker. “He is gone” that is what was rumbled on the other side, before the line went dead. That is the call he has been waiting for, he stands up fixing himself before bolting outside.

There is still a trace of sunlight, as it is now getting swallowed by clouds. He started his engine swimming deep in the pond of thoughts, about the journey ahead. Pecks of having deep pockets, visiting hours had their flight, however Ntate Molefe knows very well that access will be granted.

After gathering his thoughts. He takes a trip to Akeso Clinics-Alberton. He doesn’t allow the dust to settle down, the sooner he scoffs Kagiso the better. He parks his car in the parking lot – making his way inside. Everything about him screamed money, even his walk contains ‘I have a place in the sun’

-

He checks in without facing any problems, Chanakya is making herself useful. “So what now?” She asks Ntate Molefe, whose shoes are thumping on the floor hurried because he can’t wait to lay his hands on Kagiso.

“Uh” he clears his throat. “I think you have done more than enough, I will take it from here” Ntate Molefe rumbles, trying to dismiss her from the mission. She has done more than enough, he believes so.

She scrunches her forehead, “But I thought…” he cuts her mid-sentence before she could squeak everything out.

“That is the problem ‘You thought’ I won’t be needing your services anymore. You will get your money tomorrow by the end of business” He jabs, cutting off their connection, what really links them together. He barely even knows this woman nor her relationship with Kagiso but he is grateful for her loyalty but it is time for them to terminate their contact. She was helpful but not anymore.

He was left awestricken when she gave him an update that his plan might elapse, Kenosi is gawking her eyes on someone. “Oh,” that is all she could spew.

“I won’t be needing your services anymore” He utters honestly, straight to the point like a ruler. They reach Kagiso’s ward. “Thanks, that would be all” he squirms, pushing the door open.

He was too consumed by Kagiso’s structure and boiling point in his bones, to even notice that Chanakya hasn’t left. “Tsoga mmona” (Wake man) – he roughly slaps him, quivering him from his sleep. The slap left a stung, leaving Kagiso with no choice but to wake up.

“What is going on?” He inquires, his hand falls on his cheek to brush the sensation.

Ntate Molefe evokes laughter, “Aww go monate, e bile wa gona?” (it is nice, you are even snoring?) – If Kagiso wasn’t taken by the bubble of shock he was going to laugh. His tone came with an ounce that I’m a comedian, this is a joke.

He finally snaps out of it, “O batlang fa?” (What do you want here?) – he finally gets the liver to squash a question. Ntate Molefe grips on his collar, bringing his face closer. “Get your act together, I won’t always be there to clean your mess” he warns his hands moving to his neck, he starts gripping tightly choking the life out of him.

Chanakya’s hand forms into a fist whistle, everything is playing slowly in her eyes. “I want you to act like you are okay, so that they can release you” his hands unchain his neck.