🦊⚡

Pushing herself to her limits, she managed to sit up. It no longer hurt, she started losing her senses, she knew it was over.
"If only... if only I could see your face once again."
She looks up, the stars shining ever brightly.
"... may the stars protect you my love."
"Oh my Archons, I have finally found you!"
She couldn't help but to smile, it no longer mattered what people thought of her, she just needed Yae. She hugs her tightly but she didn't hug her back.
"Yae? My love, is everything okay? Speak to me please, are you mad at me? I'm so very sorry for leaving you, I was blinded by my selfish objective that I forgot about you, I forgot about your feelings and how lonely you also must've been. But I'm grateful. I'm so grateful that you stayed with me and never left me, I'm grateful that you kept visiting me and keeping me company so please my dear, just look at me in the eyes and tell me what's wrong!"
She kept shaking the poor fox maiden vigorously but she was showing no signs of interest, she was ready to tell her the full extent of her love, she was ready to give up Eternity for her.
"I understand that you are displeased with me leaving you for all those years but please, I am in love, no, I am enamored with you! I can't stop thinking about you, to me you are perfect in every way possible, truly. Not once did I dare to think of any other woman nor man in a sinful way, only you. Will you talk to me now?"
She grabs her hand but she notices that it is.... cold. Irregularly cold. Ei grabs Yaes chin and her worst fear really did come true. Labeled as the Archon of Eternity yet she couldn't promise eternity to the one she loved the most, how miserable, truly a failed archon, a disappointment to all archons across Teyvat. She looks up into the sky, the same sky her lover looked at.
"... my stars, please grant me this one wish. I'll give up my Eternity, I'll give up the Eternity of this land just bring my Yae back."
But the stars, in their response, only glowed ever so brightly, ignoring her wish.