Prologue

Emma's P.O.V 

It was the sorting ceremony, on my first day at Hogwarts. I was so excited! What house would I be sorted into? Gryffindor? Ravenclaw? Hufflepuff? Hopefully not Slytherin. After the Sorting Hat sang it's song, Professor McGonagall went up and started reading names of people whose turn it was to try on the hat, to see who's house they'd be in.

"Evans, Clematis." She called after a little while. I walked up to the stool, nervous. As I sat down, the hat was set down on my head, covering my eyes.

"Hmm, quite the mind you have there, Ms. Evans." The Sorting Hat said in my mind.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"While you are unwaveringly loyal like a Hufflepuff and a thirst for knowledge like a Ravenclaw, I see the fiery spirit, pride, and courage of a Gryffindor." He said. Then, aloud, "Gryffindor!" it yelled. I jumped down to the right house table, and sat down in the corner at the edge, near the back corner of the hall. My happiness and excitement didn't recede that entire evening.

Lily came over and hugged me, and than went back to her friends. No one payed attention to me, but still, my happiness wouldn't waver.

---

A/N Sorry it's so short! The next one's going to be longer... I think... anyways, enjoy!