6- To The Kitchens

That night, I didn't prank myself. Why? I had pranked Minterwort for a good reason. In fact, I decided to prank him again. Just to drive the message in a little further. I turned his classroom pink, and wrote all over it in neon orange, 'Prejudice!', 'Incompetent', and 'Biased'. Plus my signature orange and purple paw.

 And even if someone saw me pulling the prank, no one would know it was me. I was wearing an orange sweatshirt that had a white spot on it like a fox did on their belly, light purple gloves, orange trimmed black heeled boots, a fox mask, my hair was a definite orange with light purple highlights, and I was wearing black leggings along with that. 

I was still wearing my clematis bracelet, though. I haven't taken it off ever since I got it, when I was 7 on my birthday. Lily had given it to me. It had a purple clematis flower, which was held in place by a black cord.

Either way, the outfit felt like armor. The mask felt like a helmet, and the gloves like gauntlets. It really kinda was armor, though. It was my way of saying, 'This is who I am, and you can't change it, jerks.' It was a silent way of me saying that I'm not dead inside yet. That I'm still fighting my demons, and I'm winning.

Anyways, after I pranked a few other people, all students, I went back to my common room, still under the invisibility charms that I had placed on myself, thankful that I changed back into my regular ropes a little while ago. The Marauders were sitting by the fire, and turned towards the opening portrait. But they didn't see me, thankfully. Just saw the portrait open and heard me.

"Who's there?" Remus asked. I said nothing.

"We know you're there." James added. I still said nothing.

"Show yourself!" Sirius said. I still said nothing, but I held back a snort as I remembered the song, 'Into The Unknown' from Frozen 2.

I made my way up to my dorm silently. I didn't share it with anyone, unsurprisingly. I took off the charms, and put on my pajamas. That night, as I slept, I had a nightmare. It wasn't unusual. But they were never pleasant.

---Nightmare---

In my nightmare, I was in a dark cell. In front of me was Lily, Mum, Dad, the Marauders, the Prewett twins, the Weasley couple, and all the other friends I have ever had, and everyone I've ever loved, platonically or romantically. They were covered in blood, bite marks, claw marks, and had the marks of several curses, hexes, and jinxes. Their eyes were dead and cold. Some of the jinxes and hexes they had marks from I had created. I paled immediately as I saw them.

"This is your fault. You killed us. You betrayed us." They seemed to say, but their mouths didn't move.

It was a mere whisper in the wind that held their voices, carrying words said in a monotonous, cold, unforgiving, dead tone. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I hadn't even noticed that my eyes had held tears until there were too many to hold back.

"It's your fault we're dead." They seemed to keep saying. I couldn't say anything. I just collapsed, crying.

---Nightmare Over---

I shot awake, sweat covering my features. I could tell that my skin was pale and clammy. Tears were still streaming down my cheeks. My hair was a mess. I got up, out of bed, and turned the light on. Then I grabbed my slippers, a big, warm, comfy hoodie, and a blanket. And I walked downstairs to the Common Room.

The Marauders, save Sirius, weren't there anymore. I did my best to steer clear of his sight, but he seemed to have figured out I was there anyway.

"Emma?" He asked, surprised. That was when I noticed that his hair was all messed up, which was surprising. His hair was his pride and joy. I wouldn't be surprised if he woke up early every morning just to make sure it was done correctly.