9 : I could show you incredible things

hey, it's been like an hour, nothing new to tell you really. So anyway, this counts for my update next week so I won't be updating fro another two weeks now.

thanks to fanccy for the amazing graphic on the side :)

Hope you all enjoy :)

-

 "R-run away?" I ask him with a puzzled look. He looks back at me seriously, his face blank. I don't think he is kidding me and that has to be what is worrying me the most.

"Yeah, go away, get out of this place with me," he tells  me, acting as though it is a good idea. I shake my head and let out a shaky laugh. He's nuts, he needs to get this checked out, he cannot be serious.

 "You have to be insane," I said, letting out a laugh, But the laugh was fake, it was an attempt to reassure myself that he was kidding, that he did not actually mean this. But the fact his face was still deadly serious worried me more than just slightly.

"No, I am being serious, Serena," Matt told me. He looked out at the lake and sighed. I almost felt sad that he was no longer staring at me. "I just, I hate it. I hate trying to be perfect. I hate playing sports I don't even care that much about, I hate having to get perfect grades because I'm supposed to be a doctor or something. I hate having my life ahead of me and yet no control!"

"Matt, I get that but running from your problems will solve absolutely nothing," I told him, touching his arm as he got slightly annoyed. He relaxed a bit more and I smile at him.

"I'm not running, dammit," Matt said, an annoyed expression coming over his face again. He punched the grass and looked up at me, shaking his head. "I thought you would actually understand me. I really thought you would."

"What? Tell me what on earth I am supposed to understand! You have everything most people want ahead of you but you think that it's all idiotic!" I shout at him, thinking of how he has the future I want there on a golden platter. Matt looks at me, shakes his head and curls up his lip.

"I don't want to be a doctor! Why does no one ever just ask me what I f*cking want! I have opinions too, you know! I don't want to just be that spoiled little brat who has his future built up by his parents!" He shouted. I look at him and I suddenly feel bad about what I had said but there was no way I could even take it back now.

"Matt-"

"NO! I want people to just look at me and think that I did something to get where I was! I don't want people to see me and just know my parents, know that I am her because of them! I don't even want to be what they want me to be, dammit!"

"MATT STOP!" I yelled at him. He stops as he is about to punch the tree in frustration and looks back at me, his face red from anger. I shake my head at him and motion for him to come forward. "Matt, you don't have to live with them. Just move away, get your own house. But moving far away and taking me with you is going to do nothing."

"I don't have any of my own money," Matt mumbled as he looked down. I look at him, surprised. Matt seems like someone who got money handed to him from all of his relatives every time they met him.

"Then how were you planning to move away?" I asked him. He looks to the side of the lake and sighs.

"Rob has some friends just outside of Manhattan. They're not exactly the nicest people I've met but I thought that living with them would do, even for just a little while," he said, shrugging his shoulders. I shake my head.

"Matt, if you want, you can stay at my house but I am not letting you go to stay at Rob's friends house," I told him seriously. Matt groaned in frustration, shaking his head at me.