The Boyfriend Curse: Part 3

Dallas flicks ash out the window then places a cigarette into the corner of his mouth. "Don't worry about it." he glares back then veers off to the left and goes another way. The other car heads in the opposite direction. I sink down in my seat... defeated

Dallas stops the car in the middle of nowhere. Steve gets out and comes around my side, shoving me up a small hill away from Dallas. I stumbled onto a field of nothing but grass. Steve took hold of my hair and ripped me onto the ground. He removes a blade from his pocket, "You did me so wrong."

Dallas trudged up with a bigger knife, Steve didn't notice until he was held tightly. "You should've known I roll solo." Dallas positions the knife across Steve's neck, he quivers pleading with Dallas.

For a split second, I see a flash of innocence in his eyes. In a wink blood was everywhere, Steve's eyes rolled to the back of his head. Then in an unexpected turn, Dallas dives into his neck, I sheltered myself and whirled my vision out of sight. Steve doubles over into a cloud of dirt.

I squinted back, Dallas was insane, deranged beyond any recognition. He switches his attention to me, his mouth complete with dripping blood, "Your turn! Your turn!" he chanted hysterically.

I wiggled around, with all the strength I had left to try and escape. It was no use. He had me exactly where he wanted and there was no way I was going to get out of it.

"I've been waiting for this moment for two years. Times up." Dallas coughed, licking down the blade edge of the knife, tasting his victim's blood again.

He was correct. My time was indeed up... Dallas staggered over for the final kill. As he lunged for me, the blast of headlights stopped him in his tracks. A car was blinding us, Dallas stood up straight and tried to get a better look at who or what it was.

The engine rewed, then a foot met the pedal and roared towards him. Dallas flew across the field in one foul second, the person had driven straight into him, finally sealing his fate once and for all

I was in such a state of shock, I cried the tears of utter joy, and pain all at once. Through the headlights, a built figure appeared beyond the darkness that surrounded.

Darry groans in agony at the whole ordeal. He had just hit Dallas, and now sees Steve looming past the light, he's dead as well. My whimpers were muffled, I couldn't believe Darry was still alive, and he saved me.

Darry held his side where he was stabbed earlier. I was still bound and gagged as he ambled over, "You look like hell." he grimaces, kneeling down to untie me.

I finally breathed the air in. I couldn't help a sharp smile forming. He was alive. I was alive, and finally, Dallas was dead once and for all.

Sirens filled the night... coming closer to us. Darry moans at his wounds and falls into the dirt. With a pounding headache, I stared through the thick trees as the blast of red and blue rushed our way.

The End