Chapter 18: Debbie's Love

A/N: Guys, I accidentally deleted this part. Sorry... but if you've read this part already, just skip.

________________________________________________

"Ahem Anyways, can we talk about my wedding?" Tammy decided to divert the topic because she couldn't stand everyone giving all the attention to Debbie, especially because right now, she's hurt.

"O. M. G! Yeessss!" Daphne exclaimed.

"Ok, so, Tom and I have already done the reception and everything and everything is prepared and ready, but.... I need you guys to come with me tomorrow... for the fitting."

"Do you mind if Heather tags along?" Lou questioned Tammy and Tammy's eyes twitched, but she couldn't be rude and decline.

"Yeah... I guess she can come."

Debbie was unsure with the thought of Heather coming along. She'd surely break down in tears watching Lou and Heather. She took a deep breath, sighed, and turned around. Lou was surprised to find that there were no signs of any sadness that plastered on Debbie's face, but Debbie was very well at masking her feelings, and Tammy was very good at reading it.

"As for you, Deborah Ocean, my bride of honour... you will be trying your fitting the day after."

Unnoticed by everyone, Debbie mouthed, 'Thank you,' and Tammy just winked back. Lou, however, didn't like the thought of Debbie going on another day because the main objective was: Make. Debbie. Jealous.

"HEY! How come she gets to be the bride of honour? You knew me ever since we were kids."

"Shut up, Lou."

Lou placed her hands around Heather's waist and pulled her in, "Anyways, y'all chat, we're gonna go to bed." Lou winked at everyone and it sure pulled a trigger of Jealousy to Debbie's heart, but she didn't try to degrade Lou, or make her feel deficient. Simply because she loves Lou. And it hurts to see her happy with someone else.

This was exactly what happened with Timmy. Debbie loved Timmy. Very much. When nobody stood to clap for his coming out song, she did. She masked her feelings, stood up, and applauded like a proud mother. Why? Because she loved him and never wanted him to feel bad or look down on himself. And right now, she didn't want to be sad and miserable in front of Lou. No, because that'll make her feel bad that she wasn't patient enough to wait for Debbie.

Debbie was a softie, but not a show-your-feeling softie. She may not be a hugger, but when her brother, Danny, was at his most vulnerable after his ex left him, she was the last to let go. Debbie never says, 'I love you,' to anyone, but when Tammy always shouts at work, "I just need to finish these document papers first, then I'll do the other documents," She would wordlessly go and finish off the documents for Tammy. If she sees Constance or Nine struggle with a wrapper, a jar, or a bottle filled with weed to put in their food, she would mutter, 'C'mere,' and open it, without sparing them a glance. Debbie would always say she doesn't want gifts or any birthday celebrations etc. but everyone could see the way her face lights up when Lou surprised her on their 1 month and 2 month Anniversary of Friendship. And it always made her giddy. She's just a kid inside, still. A kid who loves everyone dearly, no matter what they've done to her. A kid who easily gets attached with others. A kid who struggled to find her happy ending with each of her so-called, "Lovers." But that kid always forgave, never forgot though. And so, went on with life, living and dwelling in her past. And it wounded her. It really did. She had thought Timmy was "The One," till he came out, then she ran away, in hopes of neglecting PAIN. The kid managed to neglect it when she met Claude and she was sure he was "The One." But then again, she was still a naive kid.

This kid grew up a little and made sure she'd never commit the same mistake: Never fall in love too soon and whilst you're in pain.