Chapter 12: Alone

It's been 2 days since Debbie was gone. Despite facetiming each other constantly for 3 hours straight, it was a huge heartbreak for Lou. She couldn't handle not seeing her baby for more than 1 hour. 'And when you are sad, what do you do Lou?' Lou had thought to herself. Vodka. Lou could imagine her baby saying, 'Vodka solves all your problems, baby.' She made a devilish grin and made her way to her vodka cabinet and blasted a random song while she drank.

🎶I've never felt so alone,

Felt so alone

Na - na - no

And the truth is, Lou has never felt so alone in her whole life because Debbie was everything to Lou. Everything. And her everything wasn't there with her right now. And is not going to for the next 19 days. 3 weeks without Debbie. Lou grabbed the stool that was at the kitchen island counter and smashed it against the floor. She made her way to the cutlery stand and threw everything towards where the glass cups were held. The sound of glass shattering echoed through Lou's house. She then made her way back to her vodka bottle and guzzled up a hefty amount. Lou had consumed so much vodka, she wasn't able to control her emotions, let alone know what time it was. And it was time for her and Debbie's facetime call. But she didn't answer, which worried Debbie, on the other hand, but she didn't know Lou was dead drunk right now. Drunk because she missed Debbie so much. Drunk because she thinks she isn't enough for Debbie. Drunk because she's convinced she is the worst person. Drunk because Debbie probably doesn't like her and never will. Drunk because she has never felt so alone and vulnerable in her life before.

🎶I've never felt so alone,

Felt so alone,

Na - na - no

Debbie called Lou again, but no answer. She tried once more, but no answer. Debbie texted Lou and expected a reply really quickly. Because knowingly Lou, she replies faster than lightning. The loud music blasted and muted Lou's phone and any sort of ringtone. Debbie was now worried. Lou never had missed a single facetime call or a single message from Debbie. Debbie finally called Tammy.

Tammy's POV: 7:20 pm

"Keep going Tom." I released out a moan. Tom is great. This is why I'm engaged with him.

DING!

A notification came from my phone, but I ignored it. It suddenly buzzed up ringing, but I ignored it. It was on top of the night stand and the caller ID was visible. I could read out the name...

Debbie.

"You should probably check it Tammy, then we can continue." Tom suggested.

I sighed and made my way to the phone angrily. The phone once again rang annoyingly. Debbie is provoking me right now.

"WHAT IS IT DEBORAH!" I picked up.

"Tammy, is Lou there with you?" Debbie asked worriedly. I could tell from the sound of her voice.

"No. Why?"

"Could you please go and check on her?"

"Deeebiie" I whined, "I'm in the middle of-"

"Tammy pleeeeaassseee. I'm not going to leave you guys alone til you check on her. She's not answering anything."

"Maybe she's sleeping?"