Chapter 52: Feel again

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Debbie mumbled under her breath. She booked the next available flight to New York. It was the only one available. 10 hours and 17 minute flight to New York.

"Sh*t. I'm not going to make it in time." Debbie silently prayed to any gods out there that Lou still remained in New York. It's a 10 hour flight from Hawaii to New York and Lou was packing just 10 minutes ago when they were talking. Debbie packed her bags and all her essentials. She remembered Tammy's advice; Debbie, advice, whatever your heart yearns for, listen to it because it'll lead you. Follow your heart, not your foolish brain. And right now, Debbie's heart only yearns for Lou. Only Lou. Lou's embrace, Lou's voice, Lou's touch, Lou's kisses. If only she could carry Lou in her pocket everywhere she goes.

A knock came from the door and warned Debbie and Lou for the sixth time all together, "Debbie and Lou? Everyone is ready and down in the main lounge. We need you guys-"

Debbie slammed the door open and looked the short guy in the eyes, "Change of plans shortie. We have some unfinished business to deal with. And if that means removing our place, remove it. We're in love and boy we almost had s*x a few days ago. So might as well disqualify us. It was a wrong move for you guys to put us together in the first place." Debbie strolled her suitcase and things past the dumbstruck guy and speed walked to the elevator.

Unfortunately, there were no vans available, but it didn't stop Debbie from making it to New York. She saw a golf cart driving past in front of the water fountain. There was no other transportation, so the golf cart seemed like the only option.

"Hey!" Debbie jogged to the golf cart, "Aloha! Twenty bucks here, how long do you think it'll take to reach the airport from here?"

"Aloha, lady. Unfortunately I can't take-"

"This is a matter of life and death. It depends on your life too."

The man gulped and looked at Debbie, "Really?"

"Yes, really! A big..." Debbie panted as she tried to find a reasonable excuse, "Bomb! Yes, pow! And if you don't take me to fix it, it'll explode the whole-"

"Fine! Hop in!" The man was on the verge of tears and Debbie held back her laughter at how ignorant this guy was.

"Step on it!" Debbie yelled.

Luckily, they manage to make it to the airport just in time. Debbie thanked the guy and checked in. Once she settled in the plane, she called Lou once again. She needs reassurance that Lou will still be in New York by the time she's there.

"Debbie?" Lou picked up the phone.

"Lou, wish me luck for the first challenge."

"Uhmm.. good luck." Lou's voice shuddered in sorrow and Debbie could tell.

"Thanks. How long are you staying in New York for?"

"Last day today. I'm leaving tomorrow."

"What time?"

"Uhmmm.. At 7PM."

"Okay, cool. Bye."

"Oh, bye."

Lou probably thought Debbie called to say her last goodbyes, but she called to wish her luck. Debbie, on the other hand, calculated what time she'll be arriving in New York. Hawaii is 5 hours ahead of New York, so It's 5 PM for Lou right now. She'll arrive on time before Lou leaves. The thought of meeting Lou once more calmed her down for the rest of the flight.

A few hours in, Debbie realized she was sitting behind a couple. She watched as they intertwined their hands together, the kisses they planted on each other and the soothing words they both whispered to each other's ear. As much as she hated watching it, she loved it. A song played for all the passengers to relax, but it didn't relax Debbie.