Soulmates

Something very different. Not something you might love or maybe you would. It depends on how you perceive it🧘‍♂️

Read it at your own risk. Read it with an open mind. And remember, this is fiction! Purely fiction!

~~~

"Ashwin, can we please have you on stage to present the next award?"

The crowd went crazy at the mention of the actor's name. Even though he had just received his award a while ago and their throats hurt from all the screaming, they can never grow tired of cheering for him.

With a little surprise dancing around in his eyes, he immediately got up from his seat but something or someone tugged on him. He turned to find the woman who had been his only source of entertainment in the long, draggy evening, grinning at him.

"I think yenaku award kuduka thaan kupudranganu." Sivaangi excitedly made a guess causing him to chuckle out loud before he walked off to the stage.

(I think you're gonna present it to me.)

The moment the emcee revealed that the category he was asked to present is Best Female Playback Singer, Ashwin knew Sivaangi predicted right.

It wouldn't take a genius to figure it out.

Professional or personal, Ashwin and Sivaangi were constantly associated. Sometimes pre-planned. Sometimes pure coincidence. Sometimes rational. Sometimes ridiculous.

The universe worked along with the media, the industry, their fans, their family and their friends to bring them together.

With a smile that exposed his dimple, Ashwin read out the name. "Sivaangi Krishnakumar."

More than winning the award, what excited her were two things. First, her guess was correct so she gets to brag to Ashwin. Second, she's receiving this award from Ashwin.

After hugging out some people that were sitting around her, she made her way up to the stage to meet the man who's accompanied her for the evening.

As if they had not been sitting down there for hours, discussing about the most random things to kill time like what is their spirit animals or which superpower is the best one, they solemnly greeted each other on stage and shook hands.

Sivaangi being who she was burst out into giggles as he handed her the award causing him to laugh too. Some words were exchanged in the middle of the laughters, but couldn't be caught by the audience unfortunately.

After the emcee's continuous please, the cheers finally died down, allowing Sivaangi to speak.

She gave the standard acceptance speech, thanking everyone who mattered to her without fail while Ashwin stood a few feet away watching with intent eyes and a wide smile.

When they thought it was over and they could safely go back to their seats to continue their debate over dark chocolate and white chocolates, the emcee held them back. "Thank you for the beautiful speech. Ippo konjam open ah pesulama Sivaangi?"

(Can we talk openly now?)

Frowning slightly, she did a little shrug. "Naa yeppothumey open ah thaan pesuven."

(I always talk openly.)

The emcee agreed. "Adhu naala thaan unga kitta indha questions ah kekurom. Because avaru ta ketta kallu kondu adiparunu theriyum."