Chasing Cows

Chasing Cows- Intro

All this town attracts is cows, I mean real cows, and wind. Nothing ever happens here unless you count farmer Johns cows escaping their field. I moved here about a year ago to live with my grandparents because my parents went traveling the world. Why didn't they take me with them? I don't know. Probably school. My grandparents are old fashion, I mean OLD fashion, and they are still trying to figure out the TV. They are so old fashion that they still believe in arranged marriages.

Asher Carter was a mean little boy. I would see him whenever I came to visit my grandparents. He was always sitting on the white fence that separated my grandparent’s property from his parents. He would just sit there watching me while I played in the garden. Sometimes he would hop the fence, steal my cookie, break my toys and then act like nothing ever happened. One time, when I was about ten Asher and his two hillbilly friends climbed up onto my grandparent’s roof just to knock on my window to scare me.

By the time we were thirteen we hated each other, we acted like friends around our family because they were friends and neighbors. They never knew how much we tortured each other. Heck, they thought we were best friends. That’s where our little game turned on us.

In two months I was to become Mrs. Asher Carter.