~Throw a rock at her~

RE-READ THE END OF THE LAST CHAPTER IF YOU

 ALREADY HAVEN'T!

*************

"Do you love me?" I asked after building up courage.

"Always have," he stated.

I stared blankly at him for a few second. Finally I got the courage to speak and all that came out was;

"What?"

"You know when people say 'when a boy bugs you, he like you'?" he laughed nervously. "It's true."

"Oh my gosh," suddenly my heart was hammering against my chest, my throat went tight and I couldn't breath.

"Does that change anything for you?" Asher asked as he tried to read my face. Shaking my head no, I ran into the bedroom and slammed the door shut. I slowly slide down the wall as far away from the door and began to weep. I heard Asher get up and walk over to the door, he slightly tapped on the door.

"Kyra? I didn't mean to upset you. You want to know something, the first day I saw you we were five. You were sitting on the fence that separates my family estate to yours. It was Thanksgiving Day and the leaves were falling off the trees. Do you know what else I remember? The leaves stuck in your blond hair and the lady bug on your arm," my crying stopped and I started to listen. "I saw a pretty girl by herself on a fence and what do I do? Throw a rock at her, more then one. When we were ten you were down for Christmas. It was snowing and you were building a snowman. Still blond haired and blue eyed but you were growing up. I got scared, I never liked a girl before, never even looked at one the way I did you. So what did I do? I smashed your snowman while you watched from the window. When I was fourteen I found myself excited for summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter just so I could see you."

I don't know what came over me but I jumped up and ran for the door. The next thing I knew my lips were pressed against his.