~Exactly Like That~

The first dance.

I felt like melting. For four minutes, I forgot my age, forgot about the future, forgot everything. I was cast back in time. My cousins wedding when I was only seven. My grandparents forced me to dance with Asher.

Little Asher bowed, took my hand in his and kissed it, like he had seen the princes do in the Disney movies. My grandmother placed our hands in the right spots and ran off to get the video camera. We danced awkwardly, rocking back and forth. I let out a small giggle as Asher fumbled over his footing.

Today, nearly ten years later, I held my ringed hand out to Asher. He gladly took hold of it, kissed it and pulled me in. Everyone else in the room seemed confused at the little gesture, but Asher and I laughed at the memory. We still awkwardly rocked back and forth, but with my chin on his shoulder.

"Kyra?" he asked.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

.....

"Watch the dress," I giggled as Asher lifted me from the truck. The little cottage had a new feel to it, more like a home then hell. Asher kicked the door open and placed me on my feet.

"Welcome home," Asher said, awkwardly standing behind me.

"Welcome to our home," I smiled back at him and took his hand.

"Our home," he said, testing the words on his tongue.

"Well, I think I am off to bed," I sighed awkwardly after moments of silence. I slipped into the bedroom and removed the wedding dress. After slipping on one of Asher's tee shirts, because they are so much more comfortable then girls shirts, I hang the dress back into it's bag.

I sat on the bed and removed the pins from my Cinderella style hair, tugging and pulling at the blond strands. I pulled the last one out and it on the night table.

"I like the dress, the hair and the makeup, but I think I prefer you like that," Asher said through a grin.

"Just like I like you after your farm work. You know, when you're all hot and sweaty," I smirked.

"Exactly like that."

He walked over and kissed me, more rough and deep then any other time before. It was knew, weird but good all at once. I grabbed the front of his tux and pulled him in closer. He pulled me into his arms, and I wrapped my legs around his waist while he flipped around and sat on the bed.

.... I think you can use your imagination from here on.

.....

Instead of an epilogue, I am writing a second book. The next book will be just as short and choppy as this one. Don't worry though, I will make it longer.