3

I sit beside her feeling guilty about not picking her up when I was supposed to

I sit beside her feeling guilty about not picking her up when I was supposed to. I got distracted and I forgot. She should have fucking called me instead of walking 30 minutes in the cold and rain. I look over at her the pillow pressed tightly against her face. I stand and walk out onto the porch floping down on the couch lifting my ass to pull my vape out of me pocket.

I take a long drag letting it rest in my lungs before exhaling into the cold air. John b should be getting home soon. I close my eyes pulling my hat down over my face. I do feel bad about not picking her up but I really did forget. I got caught up with the touron and just...forgot. maybe I should have locked the front door.

I should treat her better than I do but I can't help it. I'm not gonna lie she's hot. She has this perfect tan skin, long dark hair, dimples when she smiles, plump pink lips and her crystal blue eyes. The sound of the van pulling into the driveway pulls me out of my thoughts. I lift my red Kildare hat to see the headlights shining towards me.

I sit up slowly watching John b run through the rain with his jacket pulled over his head like a idiot. "Shit it's coming down hard out there" he says shaking his head like a dog splashing me with water. "She's in there" I say taking another hit. He pokes his head inside the door looking back at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why is she wet?" He asks swiping his hair back away from his face. "Umm.....I forgot to pick her up from work" I say scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "And?" He asks waiting for me to finish "and she walked here in the rain" I say while tapping my foot. "You could have called kie or pope to go get her if you didn't want to" he mumbles a little sternly. "It's not that I didn't want to I just got......distracted" I say standing and entering the house. He follows me in as I pull my shirt over my head about to go to bed.

John b only has his room and his dad's room. He doesn't let anyone in there because his dad went missing at sea a couple of months ago. So when Rylee is here we have to share the pull out. She is one of the deepest sleepers I know, she rarely moves or wakes up during the nights. I toss my shirt on the bar stool while John b rambles about his job before telling me he will see me in the morning and retreating to his room. I make my way to the bathroom putting my hand down my pants to pull the condom off that is still rolled over me and tossing it into the trash can.

I look over to see rylee in the same position as I left her. I walk towards her and remove the pillow from her face to find she is asleep. I lift her feet one at a time pulling her soaking wet shoes off along with her socks. I notice she still has on her apron and that can't be comfortable. I grab her hand which still seems to be freezing and pull her into a sitting position. She groans out a protest "come on buttercup, let me get your apron off and you can go right back to sleep" I say as she wimpers in response pressing her cheek against my bare chest feeling cold against me.

I wrap my arms around her pulling the string to untie it. I pat her on her lower back "sit up" I wisper. She leans away from me not slumping over anymore keeping her eyes shut. I pull the apron over her head and toss it on the floor. I grab her ankles pulling her feet up onto the bed so she is now laying down. I pull the blanket up over her chest as she snuggles up with a pillow. I turn the lamp off on the table which is the only light on in the house leaving me in complete darkness.

I walk towards the bed guessing where it is since I can't fucking see. The bed hits my knees and I fall forward.I pull the covers up over top of me feeling her cold damp body shiver next to mine. God......I feel awful. I scoot closer to her slowly wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her into my chest. Feeling her cold body against mine. I close my eyes relaxing and letting my guilt consume me as I drift off to sleep.

I pry my eyes open despite the exhaustion looming over my head holding my eyelids shut

I pry my eyes open despite the exhaustion looming over my head holding my eyelids shut. I have covered so many graveyard shifts recently I have barely gotten any sleep, plus the walk home last night really did me in. I open my eyes looking at the ceiling feeling a heavy weight on my stomach. I look down to see JJ with his arms wrapped around my waist and his head resting on me. I lift my legs feeling them stuck to the sheets because of sweat.

I close my eyes breathing in and out trying to soothe the thumping behind my eyes. A groggy voice sounds from below me "you need to eat something your stomach is growling!" I groan under my breath wiping my hair away from my face. "JJ get off of me" I sigh my blatter begging for release. He looks up at me resting his chin on my stomach "you can't be mad at me forever ry" he wimpers closing his eyes back turning his head away from me and tightly squeezing my waist.

I groan the pressure he is putting on my blatter is not helping one bit. "I have to pee get the fuck off JJ" I whine as I push at his head. He releases me and rolls over cursing under his breath. I stand slowly feeling my head spin and my vision go blurry. I really should eat something. My bare feet slap against the wooden floor on my way to the bathroom. My shorts hit my ankles as soon as I am standing over the toilet. The trickle of my pee hitting the water is the only sound I hear. My checks are mailed to my uncles house since he is my legal guardian and I technically live there.

That also means I have to stop by there today hopefully he is off doing something he isn't supposed to. My knee shakes at the possibility of running into him. I wipe and wash my hands exiting into the living room where JJ is getting dressed for work at the hotel. I throw my brown wavy hair up into a low bun looking for my apron which is laying on the floor. I look at the alarm clock seeing that I don't have much time to stop by my house before the afternoon and my uncle will definitely be there if it's late.

"Go get John b up I have to stop by my house come on hurry up" I say tying my apron on around my waist and grabing my wallet not even bothering to grab my phone because I didn't plug it up last night. JJ nods "got it buttercup" he says and puts his hat on his head before walking towards John b's room. "I will meet y'all in the van hurry up"