11

I walk into the bathroom finding a stall and pulling my pants down to my ankles

I walk into the bathroom finding a stall and pulling my pants down to my ankles. I sit down while holding my head in my hands. I really needed that nap. I wipe sleep from my eyes before wiping and flushing the toilet. I pull open the door walking forward to wash my hands when I'm greeted by running into someone . I start to apologize but immediately stop when my eyes meet his. He looks cold and detached. "Umm......what do you want Rafe?" I ask as I try to walk around him but am blocked by his big ass arms. " I just want to talk" he whispers sending a shiver down my spine.

"Okay fucking talk" I say standing In front of him. He puts his arms on the stall door on each side of my head blocking me in. I snarl my lip up at how close he is to my face. "The reason you won't be with me is because of that Maybank kid...isn't it?" He asks his voice harsh and frantic. "No he's not the reason. I've already told you why" I say back not taking any of his shit.  His hand lifts off the door before slamming back down onto it beside my head making the stalls around us rattle. I don't flinch as he has steam coming out of his ears. " I see the way you fucking look at him Rylee. You never looked at me that way." He shouts through clinched teeth his face red and hair falling in front of his eyes. I calmly look up at him and whisper " I don't know what your talking about".

"Yes you do, Your not fucking stupid. You know what the fuck I'm talking about" he yells, running his hand through his hair moving it out of his face. I swallow nervously trying not to show how I'm feeling. "No I don't. Now back the fuck up." I say sternly while shoving my hands against his chest. He reaches behind him grabbing onto the sink for stability. "Ohh look at you being all feisty" he says sarcastically while holding his hands up and laughing. "Fuck off" I say walking towards the door. I feel his hand wrap tightly around my wrist, the opposite one Jake had grabbed awhile ago and I'm pulled firmly against him.

"If I can't have you, Why should anyone else be able to?" He whispers his lips inches away from mine. I feel sick to my stomach and his hand is still tightly squeezing me. I bite my lip looking up at him "Because I say so" I whisper back before jerking my arm from him forcefully and quickly exiting the bathroom towards the table where the pouges were. I feel my breathing quicken when I notice they aren't siting there anymore. My feet automatically move me towards the door. I swing open the glass door feeling the fresh air slap me in the face. I close my eyes taking in a deep breath and trying to calm my breathing. I open my eyes to see the Twinkie waiting in the parking lot.

Pope yelling at John b for something from the passenger seat while John b is obviously confused. I make my way towards the van pulling the sliding door open and hopping in beside Kie. I'm not going to mention the Rafe incident in the bathroom because none of them know about our fling and I would like to keep it that way. I rub my wrist feeling the uncomfortable feeling of a bruise forming. I'm very familiar with the feeling and I hate it. Knowing that in just an hour or so there would be proof that you aren't as strong as you thought you were.

My breathing is quick but it is slowly going back to normal. JJ pulls the door shut before John b pulls out of the parking lot. I'm not sure what we are doing today but it better be fucking worth missing work. I gently rub around my wrist trying to get the pain to vanish, like I've done many times before. "So what are we doing today?" I ask leaning forward and trying to forget about my encounter with Rafe.  "That's a surprise buttercup!" JJ says all perky and excited.

I furrow my eyebrows and look around at everyone. There isn't much to do in the outer banks so I have no clue what they are up to. I look at Kie with a puzzled look on my face. She shrugs her shoulders and looks towards the window trying to hide a smile. I take a deep breath and lean my head against the seat feeling the warm air flow through the open windows. My hand keeps unconsciously moving back to my wrist to try and make the feeling less uncomfortable. I don't want them to notice so I move my hand away from my wrist and start twisting the bottom of my shirt.

I watch JJ as he slumps down in his seat and pushes his hand into his pocket. He pulls out a blunt and a lighter. My frown lifts into a smile while watching his fingers twist the paper. His eyes track up to me flickering from my smile to my eyes. One side of his mouth lifts into a smirk as he passes the lighter and blunt across the van to me. I put the blunt between my lips lifting the lighter. I strike my thumb against the metal wheel expecting a flame but don't get one. I try a few more times and nothing. He jerks the lighter out of my hand and holds his out gesturing for me to lean forward.

The wind through the windows is blowing my hair. JJ cups his hand around the blunt blocking the air and flips his rough thumb against the lighter the red flame lighting the end of the blunt showing the glowing embers. I suck on the blunt lightly trying to make sure I don't choke myself. The smoke filling my lungs and already feeling my mouth go dry. I close my eyes letting the smoke out my nose. I open my eyes to see JJ staring at me intensely. He hasn't taken his eyes off me. I think back to what Rafe said in the bathroom and start to wonder if I do really feel something for him.