PAGE 73 [CH]

FIVE SEASONS BK. 4
__________________________

W I N T E R
W I N T E R
__________________________

P73 • C16
In the snow

HUN

“Cha Hun! Are you going to help us or not? I'll just replace you with Hweseung as my son.” Mom yelled, startling me from my almost-gotten-that-sleep phase. God, I was so sleep deprived. A lazy smile curved on my lips.

“Mom, I'm so sleepy! Sorry!” I mumbled lazily against the couch.

Hweseung was video calling with Seunghyub while they set up the Christmas tree. Romang jumped on my back and claimed that as her new bed so I really had no choice but to stay still for the rest of the morning.

“Isn't Jaehyun coming back today?” Eun asked, probably to Hweseung.

Right, Jaehyun was coming back today. That slipped off of my mind.

“Yeah, he's so excited to see what we've been up to.” Hweseung replied.

Eun chuckled. “He's going to be joining you little rascals in Junhee's restaurant.”

“Or maybe spend time with Gaeul noona. Ugh,” Even if I didn't look, I knew Hweseung was acting disgusted again. “So cheesy.”

“You will fall in love too, brat. Just wait for it and when you do, I will get goosebumps just like you did now.”

“Hun should date first. He's older and has zero interest in dating. He might as well marry one of his guitars.” Mom said.

Hweseung laughed purposely loud. “Eommoni, you never know. Hun hyung is a little secretive.”

“Really? Is he seeing anyone?” Mom asked curiously.

I clicked my tongue and groaned, still not moving as Romang's bed. “No one, mom!”

“I'm not asking you. I'll never get anything from you.”

Ugh, I'll just sleep through this whole conversation happening ‘behind my back’ and actually get some sleep before Jaehyun comes over.

* * *

JUNHEE

The next day during the afternoon break, Dongsung was helping me up in cleaning because it was his turn when a girl I haven't met before showed up by the door. “Hello?” She called out.

“Hello, we're closed—”

I couldn't finish because I heard Dongsung drop his broom on the floor once he saw the new visitor. “Nara!” I watched as his entire face light up and in that moment, I ceased to exist to the both of them.

The girl spread out her arms with a huge smile and Dongsung literally ran towards her. It was so dramatic and cute at the same time. “Surprise!” Her voice sounded muffled with his embrace.

“You came alone?”

“No, I came here with Jaehyun and then Hun told me that you're on duty today.”

“Ahh, I missed you so much.”

She just smiled and hugged him tighter which was a very private moment I shouldn't have been watching.