KSA's singing audition

"It is a bright day here at Konoha School of Arts!" The Junior Reporters Club MC named Konohamaru spoke cheerfully to Udon, his co-JRC who was also the camera man. A fake microphone was in his hand, with the leaf symbol of KSA on it.

"Ara ara, say Konohamaru-kun," his co-MC Moegi took a look around at the school. "Everyone's excited today. Do you know why?" She asked, faking cluelessness.

"Hmm no...no wait! I know! It's the day of KSA's singing audition-kore!" Konohamaru yelled the announcement triumphantly.

"Oh yes, it is!" Moegi giggled. "This is the first in-school singing contest we've had in a while so I was quite surprised when prefect Konan announced it a while back. Oh boy oh boy, it would be so fun to watch!"

"If I were not occupied with my role as a JRC member, I would have entered for the contest." Konohamaru said wistfully.

"Uh Konohamaru-kun, you can't sing." Udon called from behind the camera much to his partner's detriment.

"Nobody needed to know that! We'd edit that part out-kore!"

Xxx filler chapters! xxX

The theatre was brimming full with Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran wannabes. From all corners you could hear them practicing pitches and intonations of all sorts. Some were okay to listen to and the others were...bad. Let's just put it that way.

The judges were seated at a table at one end of the theatre while the organizers tried their hardest to put things in order. After the okay to start was received from the media team and the audience had settled behind the judges, the auditions started. It was just like their enrollment auditions, only this time the students did most of the work.

"Good afternoon all and all, I am Moegi of KSA's JRC." The Junior Reporters Club had the opportunity of being the main hosts for the event because the school president approved them. Best Pres Ever!

"And I'm Konohamaru-kore!" Konohamaru opened the event by introducing the judges which were: the music prodigy and three time Summer Tournament winner who was also the school president, Uchiha Itachi, the music teacher and KMA (Konoha Music Awards) winner, Asuma-sensei and, the vice school president and two time winner of the Summer Tournament, Uzumaki Nagato.

Once the judges were introduced, it was finally time for the auditions. There were too many 'You Raise Me Up' audition acts and most of them got buzzed, trying to carry the popular song a pitch higher than their throat capacity. Other than that, there was the usual forgetting of lyrics and lip synching.

"Contestant 45." Judge Itachi called. When number 45 showed up, Itachi deadpanned. What was Deidara looking for here? The last time he sang for their music test ruined his eardrums.

Judge Asuma was nice enough to assess him before he started by asking the usual questions, why do you sing and stuff like that. After the common courtesy it was time for Deidara to sing. Of course the song he chose would be one unknown bubblegum pop song- it was Deidara!

As soon as the blond opened his mouth, the buzzer rang loud and clear across the hall. It was from surprise, surprise, Itachi. Deidara wasn't surprised one bit, in fact he saw this coming but couldn't Itachi have at least let him to freaking SING?!

"Why did- screw you- did I get buzzed, un?" Deidara asked indignantly.

"You're bad at singing." Itachi said dryly.

Deidara huffed. "I knew this- this- this would hap- art is a blast- happen, but I will -ha! - I will not go down without a blast, un!" As he declared this, he removed something from his- now Itachi was realising- baggy pants. It was a smoke bomb of his own creation, directed especially at his rival.

The powder in the bomb poofed all over Itachi's side of the table and the raven was loathe to note that there was garlic powder in it. The powder got all over him unfortunately a he started coughing and sneezing. The lowest of the low, that was what the blond was.

"MUAH HA! HA! HA!" Deidara's gleeful cackle faded into the distance as he was dragged away by the security team which had appeared when he threw the bomb.

"Are you okay, Itachi-kun?" Nagato asked, half with concern and half with laughter. His classmates' rivalry was always so fun to watch.

"I'm- cough- fine. I should have seen it coming. Next contestant." Itachi wheezed through the conversation. Asuma amusedly passed him a bottle of water. Itachi had it coming to be honest so he didn't bother hiding his laughter like Nagato did.

At the end of the day, the fifteen successful contestants were as listed below:

1. KSA's angel, Konan from year three.

2. The adorable middle schooler, Hyuga Hanabi.

3. The lost and confused year two high schooler Utakata whose name was submitted as a prank.

4. KSA's very hot and exotic discipline prefect, Sabaku no Temari.

5. The sweet and beautiful cherry blossom from highschool year one, Haruno Sakura.

6. Bold and beautifully confident, she's none other than Yamanaka Ino of highschool year one.

7. The dude with the surprisingly amazing voice, highschool year one's Uzumaki Naruto!

8. The only one who sang in Mandarin and still captured everybody's hearts, highschool year one's Tenten No Last Name Cause Last Names Suck.

9. She's as passionate as the colour of her hair, as well as captivating, give it up for Uzumaki Karin.

10. This is surprising but he's also in the show. Highschool year three, Uchiha Tobi.

11 and 12. The lovely dessert maidens who melted us with their a capella, highschool year one Matsuri and Yukata.

13. Energetic but audience captivating, he is the one and only handsome blue devil of the Leaf, Rock Lee.

14. He took the audience along with his upbeat singing and dancing. That person is highschool year one's Inuzuka Kiba.

And finally, we have;

15. He is new but he is a challenger, give it up for middle schooler Tazuna Inari.

"And that concludes the auditions." Konohamaru rounded off the ceremony.

"Make sure you tune in again for the first round of the competition!" Moegi added and then the two of them waved at the camera.

"Bye for now."

***

Songs I listened to while writing this chapter:

Preoccupied ft Blaque Keyz - Jon Bellion

Akaza's theme (Demon Slayer)

Polaris - Hitorie

Birthday Party - AJR

I'm Yours - Alessia Cara

World of Our Own - Westlife

Ace ft Shwabadi - Rustage

Sofia - Alvaro Soler

My War - Shinsei Kamattechan

Totsugeki Rock - The Cro-magnons

Which ones of the above do you know and like?