A new arrival

"Peter likes y/n!"

Ned shouted this louder than I had ever heard him shout before, I bet y/n even heard that from her class!

"Dude!" I stopped my sit ups quickly and glared up at him.

Ned said nothing, even he was shocked at what he had said.

"Really?" A soft voice floated in the tense air, it was liz. She didn't seem shocked, instead she looked as if she had known all along. She's not even in my classes though, how would she have known I liked her?

"Well I uh.." My words stumbled over eachother as I tried to talk to liz. I don't like her in that way but I always get nervous around pretty girls.

She smirked and it was.. well, quite comforting. I mean, she didn't mean it that way but her face is so pure and kind that anything she says could come across as nice.

No no, I like y/n. Oh god, even thinking about liz makes me feel guilty.

'She's not my girlfriend i'm not cheating on her'
I tried to tell myself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts but a loud voice from across the room.

"Well you're too late Pete"

My eyes scanned the room, trying to detect where those words came from.

Flash started walking towards me. I got scared as if he was going to say he was going to homecoming with her. Oh god I didn't jynx it did I?

"What do you mean? She doesn't have a date to homecoming does she?" I asked, manually breathing.

"you don't know?" Flash tilted his head as if I was supposed to know something. As if it was an emergency.

My eyes started to well up, I could feel myself shaking now.

"know what?" I spluttered out. My eyes started to go wide and my nose turned pink. I was ready to run out the door and check to see if y/n was safe.

Liz took a breath to say something, I just hoped she would say something good.

"She left school about a half hour ago, I got a text from her saying something was important or whatever" Liz said, carelessly.

She was so calm when she said it, it can't be that bad then. right?

I quickly grabbed my phone out of my pocket and frantically checked for a phone call or message.

No new notifications

"damn it" I mumbled. Why would she text liz but not me? I was tempted to ask to see Liz's phone but she had already told me what y/n told her and if she wanted me to know then she would've texted me. I don't want to invade her privacy.

She can't be in trouble, besides the school wouldn't let her out without a parent picking her up so she's got to be safe with her dad.

Well, I hoped.

__________________________

Y/n's POV,

As your dad drives you home you can't help but feel awkward and tense, normally car rides are fun with your dad. This time it feels serious and quite scary. You knew something was up but he wouldn't tell you when he texted you.