Chapter 1: Mo Ran's descendant

Body trembling...
Cold sweat dripping...
Eyelids quivering...
Pain excruciating...

It hurts...Is this the end?
Help! Help me! Somebody!
No one hears. No one wants to help. No one wants him...

In this lifetime and the past, no one wanted him. Everyone looks down on him...Everyone wants him dead...

He was kneeling on the ground with chains on all four of his limbs and a stab wound to his chest. The blood continued to drip, slowly, like a drop of water in a cave. It was dark all around, he couldn't see any light, any hope. Hoping that someone would come and save him, just like what happened at Tianyin Pavillion many years ago. Chu Wanning, his Shizun, his beloved person came to save him at that time without any hope left in his heart.

Mo Ran realized that he was in a dream. This event is in the past. He wanted to wake up, get out of this nightmare, but couldn't. He struggled as the chains on his arms injured him. It hurts. He believed he was in a dream, why does it seem real? How did he feel the pain in his dream? He was momentarily confused. He didn't go back to the past, did he? The incident when he was imprisoned in Tianyin Pavillion overlapped in his vision. He called Chu Wanning's name, but no voice came out. He can't call him, he can't break free, he was in pain, he can't leave...

He felt another stab, then another...two...three...as if they were searching for something in his heart. Why was it the same? How did this happen again? He can't take it anymore, it's really painful. He gradually lost consciousness.

"Mo Ran"

"....." Eyes tightly closed, eyebrows furrowed, cold sweat on the forehead, tears falling.

"Mo Ran"

"......"

"Mo Ran, wake up!"

Who is that? Who is calling me? Whose voice is this? Why does it seem familiar? Has anyone come to help? Is Shi...

"...Shizun?" Mo Ran eyes open. Still in a daze, unblinkingly reach out to the person above him. Before his fingertips touch Chu Wanning's face, his hand suddenly stops and cries. He cries as if he's still in that dream, longing for the person in front of him. Crying as if they'll never see each other again. All this time, even if the apocalypse was ended, he can't still believe that his most beloved person stay by his side.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Chu Wanning held Mo Ran's hand out of concern and to make sure he was awake.

"Mo Ran, you had a nightmare" He wiped away Mo Ran's tears, bent down, and lightly pressed his lips to him.

"....." Mo Ran forced himself to sit up, then suddenly felt a pain in his chest. He unknowingly opened his clothes, and to their surprise, the scar on his chest was bleeding, like a fresh wound. The previously healed wound is now torn open.

Apparently someone stabbed him in his sleep without them noticing. Chu Wanning placed a barrier on Nanping Mountain to keep outsiders out. Only Xue Meng and Palace Master Ma were given access to freely visit them. However, it was impossible not to notice someone coming in and out of the mountain, and there was no reason for the two to harm Mo Ran or even Emperor Taxian-jun.

Emperor Taxian-jun took  Mo Ran's body over the years. Ever since their souls had united with Mo Ran's body, they had taken turns to display their various qualities in front of Chu Wanning. Chu Wanning was used to it. After all, it was still the same person, the same disciple, his beloved person, Mo Ran.

Seeing the wound open, Chu Wanning couldn't help but say "What happened? Why...."

He couldn't continue, or rather, he didn't know what to ask.