Chapter 2: Mo Ran's nightmare

"I..." Chu Wanning suddenly realize that what he said was stupid and kind of a big joke. He did not only want to punish Mo Ran but also himself by telling him to have descendants. He has anticipation that Mo Ran's actions before at Mount Jiao have a connection with his nightmare and the wound in his chest that was unexpectedly torn open.

"....."

"Tell me...what kind of nightmare it is?"He can't help asking, bothered that Mo Ran might be in big trouble.

"....." Mo Ran was astounded. Chu Wanning was a type of person with few words and did not ask questions about something that he knows the other person was susceptible to talk about.

"...I'm just worried...I felt that your nightmare has something to do with your bloodline." He did not understand himself, he was a person who evade other people's business, but Mo Ran was no different person to him, he was his lifetime companion, his beloved person.

"....."Thinking if he would say or not, Mo Ran was anxious that Chu Wanning might get troubled seeing him in pain while telling him his nightmare. It is enough for him to know that his Shizun was worried, but not to the extent that he needs to think of such an absurd idea.

Thinking about their relationship, Chu Wanning gathered his courage and proceeded with what he wanted to say. "Mo Ran, I am not just your Shizun, and you're not just my disciple. Our relationship was beyond master and disciple. So, tell me...what was it?"

Mo Ran was torn between his and Shizun's thoughts. But he didn't want Chu Wanning to assume he didn't trust him. He hesitates first and said, "Shizun, it's not that I want to keep it from you...It's just that I feel pain whenever I speak about it...If Shizun can hold his worry to listen to me until I finish, this disciple will tell you."

"....." Chu Wanning was alarmed. But he doesn't want Mo Ran to face his hardships alone. He wants Mo Ran to understand that he was with him, his Shizun.

So he concedes to listen to him without any hint of worry. He anticipates that Mo Ran will stop if he sees his uneasiness. Mo Ran gave him a thorough explanation about his nightmare with such difficulty. He can't believe that what he thought earlier was unlikely the reason for Mo Ran's restlessness.

Mo Ran exhausted all his strength to suppress the pain he felt. Shortly after, he fell asleep. Chu Wanning remembers that when Mo Ran wakens, it will be Taxian-jun's turn to accompany him. He relaxed quite a bit, knowing that Mo Ran will have a rest for a day...

-----

"Ugh" Taxian-jun wakes up with heavy breaths. He did not escape Mo Ran's nightmare. He felt the same pain and agony as Mo Ran was bound to that dream. However, it is not difficult for Taxian-jun to break free for it was Mo Ran's ordeal. Although they share the same body, their occurrences do not affect each other that much.

Tightly embraced by the person beside him, Chu Wanning slowly open his eyes and felt like his bones were nearly broken. Half asleep, he struggle to break free from his person, but when he was about to get angry, he felt tears run down his forehead. He was stunned, he thought this person was Mo Ran, so he called hesitantly, "Mo Ran?"

"...This Venerable One has a nightmare, worried that I won't see you again. Let me hug you for a while." Tears kept falling, it was rare for Taxian-jun to shed tears like this. But what can he do? He was all alone in the darkness for almost 10 years in his past life, before he got the opportunity to be with Chu Wanning again. He already used to share with Mo Ran's body, as long as he will wake up with the same bed as Chu Wanning, that was enough for him.

Chu Wanning stroke Taxian-jun's back as he coaxed him, "Mn. I'm here...You always have me...I will never leave you." He already has an idea about Taxian-jun's nightmare, but still can't believe that it will also implicate him.